Saturday Food Post

chunkable
on 2/19/05 3:30 am - federal way, wa
wow Im late today . Here is my schedule for today. Last night mike and I went to the Outback for dinner. I got a cup of cream of potato soup and probably ate about 1/3 of it plus I sneeked in probably 4 little slices of a bloomin onion. Im happy to report no problems from that. I need to learn to stay off the scale. It's so hard because I feel like I want to keep checking it. But as of today Im down another 2 pounds. I haven't really been working out which is bad bad bad. I am going to start this weekend. This is what I have had so far today: Breakfast 1 scrambled egg with cheese and green peppers and sausage probably 2 oz worth 16 oz water 1/2 cup hood carb countdown chocolate milk Snack protein drink lunch not sure yet dinner not sure yet Keep posting guys it's nice to see what everyone is eating.. That includes you lisa.. I know it seems boring and we're all eating the same things but it's nice to see what everyone is eating.. Cindy 335/309
TracyW
on 2/19/05 6:25 am - Spring, TX
Yes I really like doing this, Cindy I'm glad you started it. Breakfast 1 scrambled egg with Pace Pacante (Thanks GerrAnn it went down fine) Snack None Today Lunch Chicken Pot Pie - It was so good. Snack 2 Cubes of Chedder Cheese Dinner Not sure, were going out so it will probally be soup
nwlisac
on 2/19/05 8:15 am - Gresham, OR
Hey all, what I wouldn't give for a piece of sausage cheese pizza. Or a juicy In N Out cheeseburger. Egads. All I have had today is: Carb Solutions Shake 2 tsp of peanut butter...dipped a small pickle into it (yummy) 2 melba toasts garlic 1 piece of macaroni and cheese (yucky for me) threw it away 12 oz skim milk 12 oz water I think for dinner I will try to have 8-10 green beans. I need something different today. Not very hungry today. Seem to have a bit of a belly ache. The one thing I am really able to do very well is milk with ice cubes in it. I put about 12 oz in a water bottle with about 4 ice cubes in it and then put it in the freezer for 20 minutes. It is ice cold milk and is so good. If anything, I am overdoing the milk. Some days I can drink up to 24 oz. That can't be good. But it is really the only thing I can eat that tastes good. I think I'm just having a bad day...want snacks...want comfort food...want fast food... Having horrible moments lately when watching tv. I'll see a commercial for some wonderful restaurant I used to go to, and am starting to feel sorry for myself believing that I'll NEVER HAVE THAT AGAIN. Like a bagel with cream cheese. Chewing that into oblivion sounds disgusting. Have even considered getting some of that stuff, taking a huge bite, chewing it and then spitting it out. Now that is a food addiction! I hope when I've lost some weight it gets easier to ward off those cravings. Rough day, that's all I can say...Rough, rough day.
klnbaker
on 2/19/05 10:13 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Gang! I LIVE for Saturdays! I had all these things lined up that I wanted to do, laundry, water areobics, work in the yard.....and then I must have tweaked my back because I have a serious pain. Oh well, I did as much as I could, then took a muscle relaxer and ended up sleeping! For breakfast I had a 1/4 Honey Bunches of Oats cereal with skim milk. For lunch 1/2 cup of chile and a salad with all sorts of veggies, kidney beans, garbanzo beans and peas. I just ate some nuts, almonds and peanuts watching the NBA All-Stars. For dinner, my husband has made a marinated roast beef. Kathleen
nwlisac
on 2/19/05 12:01 pm - Gresham, OR
Hey Kathleen How big was your salad? And how many almonds/peanuts did you eat? I'm only eating 1/4 cup at meal time and am just wondering if I'll ever be able to eat 1 cup of food again. 1/2 cup of chile and a salad sounds very fulfilling...I can handle that. I'm grateful my taste buds are in the bland stages right now, but once they come back, I just don't think 1/4 cup of food is going to cut it. Had 2 tiny nibbles of Duane's pork steak tonight...took forever to chew! but it was yummy, yummy and actually had some substance to it. Hope your back feels better soon. Lisa
chunkable
on 2/20/05 1:54 am - federal way, wa
I have to admit that last night I had 2 bites of a pepperoni pizza and omg did it taste good. I didn't overdo it and chewed to beyond mush and it was fine. I think the key to it is we can still have the things you used to enjoy but just try to only take a bite or two rather than eating the whole thing. I figured with a bite or 2 of pizza it wasn't going to affect me. Now if it was a peanut butter pie I wouldn't chance it but the sugar content in pizza is minimal i would think. So it went down fine. I think your okay to take a bite or two of something as long as you chew well and make sure the sugar is low. I don't plan on doing that every day but I know myself and if I don't treat myself to something that I crave just a little bit then I end up going overboard later on. Cindy
Red H.
on 2/19/05 12:57 pm - Lebanon, OR
Hi I have found that if it sound good to me, it will work out. I can't do spicy like some of you seem to be able to do. Crunchy is always a better choice for me. If I crave peanut butter & jelly, I may double toast one slice of bread and spread it with p. butter & jelly. And than I eat it S-L-O-W ! If I want nuts, I may eat 6 or so. My head thinks I can eat a handful, but my pouch says 6. If I want Cheese it crackers , I have found that 6 or 8 is plenty. I love popsicles. If I eat cereal, my head tells me to fill the bowl, my tummy will let me eat about 1/2 cup. I always graze off my husbands plate at a restaurant and I just order soup. With the above in mind, I eat anything I want to. I don't diet. Done that, been there, doesn't work! Exercise is Always Great! With this new surgery, it keeps me honest. Ive found that I can have what I want, just not much of it. It works for me. Oh yes, if you guyes can eat the sulsa , try some Angel Pasta with it. My husband uses the Italian tomatoes over the pasta. Of course I add some Parmesan cheese and a touch of ketchup. It feels like we have visited the "Olive Garden" restaurant. I was shocked and excited to see that I could eat that! Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views