?'s for recent post ops!

GW
on 2/18/05 7:39 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey gang! It's me again! Just when I think I have asked everything, I think of something else. Please, any and all help will be greatly appreciated! 1. My husband and I were planning on taking our car DVD player with us for movies. A co-worker of my husband's told him that since 9-11 it is very hard to bring electronics over the border without them taking it apart. Is this true? Did you take anything like that? 2. We decided on the apt. We are trying to get our cost figured out as closely as possible. About how many days after being released from the hospital did you feel you needed the nurse to come to check on you? I don't mind paying extra if I need it, but really don't want to pay extra if I don't. What do you say? 3. Are there souvenior shops within walking distance of the apt? I have read how ya'll have walked to the park and places, but were you able to walk much before surgery? I am unable to walk very far and unless this surgery is a bigger miracle than I thought, I am wondering where I will be able to go. How far would you say the shops are from the apt? I guess that is it for now. I am sure I will think of something else before I leave. ONLY 13 DAYS UNTIL I FLY TO MEXICO. 14 FOR MY SURGERY! Genie
klnbaker
on 2/18/05 7:57 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Genie Looking back I would of had the nurse only come one day to the apartment. My husband watched what she did and he was able to help me with the incision care. It's pretty easy. Also, the walk to the tourist part of Ensenada is probably a half mile. Cabs will cost around $5 if you don't want to walk. You can get a cab a block and a half from the apartment (just past the park). Kathleen
GerrAnn
on 2/18/05 8:23 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Genie My husband and I took our tv/dvd with us in the car(we drove) we had absolutly no problems at all..Take vhs tapes if you have them for the hospital time.. He left me there 3 days early to get back to work and had no problems at the border.. When Bambi and I came across they just asked for drivers license from me, and why I was there. My husband is officially called Nurse Larry now by me.. He did all the bandaging from the hospital.. He got quite the attitude about it and even threatened me a few times to be good or he would hurt me... lol It really is nothing more than putting iodine on the area cleaning that off and covering it up and taping it down.. The G-tube was the thing that grossed him out the most but he got over that.. Looks like seaweed... As for the tourist area.. You will be on 6th street and the "tourist stores" are mainly on 1st street.. Then the next block is the harbor area.. Good Luck GerrAnn
GW
on 2/18/05 12:05 pm - Weatherford, TX
Kathleen and GerrAnn! Thanks for your response! I am sure I will think of more though. Oh yeah, I already have! GerrAnn, do you know of anyone who flew with one? I am wondering about security at the airport as well. Anyone know? Genie
GerrAnn
on 2/18/05 11:53 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Gene Now remember that If you are staying in the apts they have a tv in the bedrooms.. You might try bringing a dvd player only if you want to watch movies..There was a blockbusters down the street..Go figure!! My only problem was (and I told rosella) the only tv was in the bedroom and I didn't want to spend my days in bed... I like music so I was glad that I brought a small music player for my dvd's.. GerrAnn 244/224
sue_f
on 2/19/05 9:09 am - Portland, OR
I flew with a portable dvd player in my checked on luggage. The suitcases were gone through by security (they left little cards saying so) and I had no problems whatsoever with it.
Cheri Moran
on 2/18/05 11:54 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi Genie! I had the nurse come for two days and felt that was plenty. My husband bandaged my incision after that and I must say did a very good job. He also helped me get my binder on. He also emptied my bile bag and washed it out every time it came off. He refused to let me do anything like that. If I even mentioned I needed anything he shot up and got it. He was the greatest!!!!!!!!! We took a regular sized DVD player with us. It was in our luggage. Going down it was unopened because it was new. I had planned to leave it at the apartment for those that followed to have but it never would work. We brought it back and there still were any problems. We flew. If you don't feel you can walk very far, I would recommend you get a cab to take you down to the area where the cruise ship passengers shop. It is a pretty good hike down there and back and then there is all the walking in and out of the shops. Hang in there, it won't be long now! Cheri
GW
on 2/19/05 7:29 am - Weatherford, TX
Cheri, Thanks so much! I am almost there! Have you got your wings dusted off? Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views