Friday Food Post.. YAY It's Friday

chunkable
on 2/18/05 12:04 am - federal way, wa
Happy Friday everyone. Here we are another week under our belts and hopefully we are all feeling a little better. Here is my food post for today Breakfast 16 oz water 1 scrambled egg with cheese 8 oz sipper sweet sugar free apple cider (hot) 8 0z water Snack Protein drink 30 grams of protein ( chocolate) Lunch Lipton chicken noodle soup Snack Protein drink Dinner Not sure yet maybe some mashed potatoes Im dying for some wendy's chilli but I think I will wait another week before I try it.. Cindy
GerrAnn
on 2/18/05 3:39 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Everyone My food list is getting boring.. Where is that Molly with all the gourmet food !!! My goal is a nice juicy steak!!! Would have to put it into the blender to eat it now!! Egg omelet / cheese and Pace Pacanti Hot Salsa Lunch 3 crackers with tuna (I held my nose) 1oz yogurt Dinner Tomato Soup Still having a issue with water.. Cant seem to drink it without getting massive air bubbles in my baby pouch..Which causes me pain..And makes me sound like a pig when I have to belch so much!!! Trying to use a glass today. GerrAnn
TracyW
on 2/18/05 5:48 am - Spring, TX
Breakfast 2oz Carb Smart Yougert Snack Protein Drink Lunch Vegetable Soup Refried Beans with some Chedder Cheese Snack nothing today Dinner I think I will try some Tuna Fish
nwlisac
on 2/18/05 6:08 am - Gresham, OR
Hey GerrAnn, Are you drinking a protein drink yet for snacks? Last week I thought I was going to starve to death and placed so much emphasis on my 2-3 oz meals..that didn't work because that small amount of food just wasn't satisfying me. Once I started the Carb Solutions chocolate milk, I got to the point where I was so satisfied, I didn't even want to eat anything at meal time. So I just dish up something boring like refried beans with cheese or cheese slices, etc. etc. Cindy was right about the turkey in gravy sauce...it is unbelievable. I waited until 3 weeks because I think I read we weren't supposed to eat non-red meat until 4 weeks out, but it didn't affect my pouch at all. And the gravy was yummy, yummy, yummy. Also, non-fat milk during the day helps me get my liquids in and also gives me protein. I need to get starting on liquids today though. As of right now, I've only had about 12 oz so I need to get moving. Have a good weekend everybody! Lisa 322/294/150
GerrAnn
on 2/18/05 8:13 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Lisa I started drinking the protein drinks while in Mexico. Once in the morning time and then around 7:30 in the evening.. My problem is that my taste buds are SO SCREWED UP that I like something one day and then not the next!! Remember when I was saying yummy to the sugar free pudding... Well now I cant take the sweet taste.. I am interested in the brand of this turkey you and Cin are talking about.. Tried that Tomato soup tonight for the first time...Not bad.. I am so glad that we are all helping each other with the food issues.. I think it keeps us on our toes!!! Thank you everyone for the imput.. GerrAnn
nwlisac
on 2/18/05 9:11 am - Gresham, OR
Oh duh, I remember you posting that you were on the protein drinks. Brain fart. Well I completely understand about the taste buds thing. Remember I told you I was soo happy to have egg salad on crackers? Well the first night I could have them I had 4 crackers with egg salad for dinner. The next morning I did the same thing. Now I can't touch them. The thought, the smell, the sight of them make me my mouth start to water like I'm going to vomit. I have to be very careful not to eat too much of one thing so I don't get sick of eating it. Right now I am eating 1 Melba Toast Garlic and 4 slices of cheese with everything else, so that I get a variety in my meal. I haven't had cream of potato soup yet (even though it sounds so good) because even if I eat the whole can (which is impossible), I'm still only getting 5 grams of protein in. At least with the campbell's, which prior to surgery was the ONLY cream of potato I could eat from the store. Campbell's Bean and Bacon is pretty good and I am going to try split pea and ham tonight. My section of the refridgerator looks like a menu sampler graveyard. I have about 10 different items prepared, waiting for me to eat, but then when it's meal time, I ignore about 8 of them. I have been craving chili beans for the past few days but don't know if the Schilling sauce packet contains spices that are too harsh for my pouch. But then I see you folks eating salsa and onions and such! haha. I'm just so terrified of throwing up. That darned Dominos keeps putting ads on tv for pepperoni pizza! I think I'm going to take Cindy's idea and get a Wendy's chili...just hope some chicken nuggets don't jump in the bag! ARGH. Have you tried the no sugar added fudgsicles from the store? I keep picking them up and putting them back because they seem high in sugar, but they look OH SO GOOD! I agree about the food posts. I'm glad Cindy posts this each day. I haven't posted because my menu is so boring and monotonous. Refried beans with cheese, soup with cheese, mashed potatoes with cheese, tuna. That's it! haha
GerrAnn
on 2/18/05 9:22 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hello Well call me a bad girl.. My neighbor brought over some homemade chili the first week that I was home..Hummm Hummm Hummm. If I can't have a bite or two of something spicey I might as well give up eating..BLAW.. All we can do is try things a bit at a time.. I can't see where one or two bites is going to kill me.. I ate the meat and beans..Chew Chew Chew... 1/2 hr for two bites.. Not bad...lol GerrAnn
nwlisac
on 2/18/05 9:27 am - Gresham, OR
Good for you GerrAnn...I am so worried about the red meat thing. I guess I must be doing something wrong. I see people on here who are taking 2 bites like you said and it takes them awhile to eat them. From the time I sit down until the time I put my plate in the sink, it's about 8 minutes. I don't seem to have any problems swallowing food. Is that because it actually hurts you to swallow? Or when it hits your belly it makes you feel cruddy? I can't help but feel I'm eating too fast, but since I haven't dumped or had to vomit, I must not be pushing it. I don't understand. You know what we need? A personal assistant to tell us EXACTLY what we can and can't do. This guessing stuff is crazy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views