It's 4a.m.

TTCromar
on 2/17/05 7:48 pm - UT
Hello everyone. It's 4a.m. and I know most of you are fast asleep. Do any of you have problems sleeping? I can only still lay on my back and by 3 or 4 my backs killing me. So I'm up posting.....LOL... Love to hear some advice or comments. THANKS!!!
TracyW
on 2/17/05 10:37 pm - Spring, TX
I had to do that allot when I was in Mexico, but I'm still having a little problem and I can not figure out why. I can sleep on my sides fine now, but I will go to bed usually between 10:30 - 11:30 and for some reason I will wake up around 3:00am and will not be able to go back to sleep till around 5:00 am. When I wake up around 3:00 am I am well rested and I just keep laying there trying to sleep and maybe I do sleep but it would be very lightly but then around 5:00am I will go back into that deep sleep. Tracy
GW
on 2/17/05 11:08 pm - Weatherford, TX
Tami, I am still pre-op so I don't know if really has anything to do with your problem or not, but I thought I would give it a try! I have had lower back problems for years and have never been able to sleep very long on my back. I have gone to chiropractors for years as well. After my gallbladder surgery when sleeping on my side was totally out of the question, the one thing I did that really helped me was pillows! Put several under your knees to raise them up and get the pressure of the back. I also put pillows to my sides for my arms because it was more comfortable. Hope this helps! Good tonight! Genie
chunkable
on 2/18/05 12:00 am - federal way, wa
Hey tami yes I was the exact same. I never felt like I slept when we were in mexico although I would lay in bed with my eyes closed I could have told you everything I heard on the tv and replayed some tv shows for you lol. I think it's normal since you are still healing. I couldn't sleep on my sides at all when we were there and was constantly on my back which was killing me up until a week ago. Try putting a soft squishy pillow underneath the side your laying on. If your like me and have a tummy it helps support your tummy and makes it a little easier to sleep. Now I can sleep without the pillows and even sleep on my tummy. YAY!!! I am glad about that. I have been sleeping through the night now which is a relief but your completely normal hon. Try putting a hot pad on your back. Mine was sore for weeks and I couldn't figure out why but the heat does help. Congrats on being a loser Cindy
nwlisac
on 2/18/05 12:31 am - Gresham, OR
Hey Tami, Does it hurt to sleep on your side? My chiropractor told me to buy a pillow just for under my knees. If you're on your back, it goes under your knees. If you are on your side it goes in between your knees. It takes the pressure off of your hips which in turn relaxes your back. Is there any way you can go see a chiropractor? Just the 3 days in the hospital alone could have put your back out of whack enough where everything is not lining up right. The chiropractor can pop you right back into place and maybe that will help ease the pains. Sorry for your pain. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views