1 week since surgery....

tamara_b73
on 2/16/05 3:11 pm - wisconsin dells, wi
and I hate to jinx anything, but i think I just had my first bona fide good day. I woke up and didn't feel as horrible as usual. Then walked outside for awhile. I ate applesauce for bkfast. Then mid-morning walked to the mini mart place with Terry. I was pretty tired when we got back, so we rested for awhile. I had half of an Atkins shake for lunch. Then Rosella came and got us to take out staples and g-tube. While that wasn't exactly fun, I felt so freaking glad to lose that tube that it was worth it. We got back here and made plans to go down by the harbor when she came to the apartments when Marty got in. So about four, Marty arrived. Very nice guy! We talked him into going to the harbor with us and the three of us walked and talked for about an hour. Again, I was getting tired by the time Rosella came and got us. When we got back to the apartment, I ate the best food |I've had since surgery. I had tomato soup with milk, I added a slice of cheese to melt in the soup and two crackers into the soup. It was soooo awsome. It was the first meal I've actually enjoyed since surgery. I was a little worried that I might have eaten too much, but I feel good so it must have been good. I went to sleep early, I was exhausted. Now I am awake as usual...but I don't feel even a little bit nauseated and my pain level is way down! Previously this week, when I awoke every couple of hours, the nausea and pain would overwhelm me and make me just want to moan and cry. Tonight, I don't even mind being up right now. I sure hope this is a trend. The other thing about today is that I was able to get a LOT more fluids in. How are you all doing on water? I have only been able to get maybe 25-30 oz in previously and I would bet today that I got about 50 at least. Terry found some bagged ice and I had individual bottled water and actual ice water has been going down soooo good. Who knew? lol. Anway, I wanted to share with you guys what a good 1 week anniversary day I had had. I hope this continues, cause I'll be honest and say that it previously was the worst week I can remember having. I had a lot of pain, a lot of nausea, and just general not feeling good. This is like night and day. Take care everyone, Tamara 2/9/05 321/?
GW
on 2/16/05 10:16 pm - Weatherford, TX
Hey Tamara! So glad you are having better day(s)! We are thinking positive that it will only continue to get better and better! Just don't overdo! I have had abdominal surgery before, and just cause you are feeling better, doesn't mean you are ready for a marathon! Congratulations! Genie
TTCromar
on 2/16/05 10:55 pm - UT
Hay Tamera!!!! I'm so glad to hear your day's are getting better. I remember well the first day i didn't feel as much like crap as the day before. It only gets better.....I promise! Please let Marty know he's in our prayers. You hang in there and keep getting better.
nwlisac
on 2/17/05 5:59 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Tamara, Glad you're doing better. Those first few days were horrible for me too. I was miserable all the time and found it comforting to cry for myself. One of the reasons I thought it was so difficult is because I was reading on the posts how everyone comes out feeling so wonderful. But we have to remember that we are in the recovery stage and it just takes time to heal. Try to rest as much as you can. Don't over do it. I know you might start to get bored at some point, but in a few weeks, you'll look back on this and forget all about the horrible week you had. Good luck Lisa 322/294/?
Cheri Moran
on 2/17/05 9:12 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Tamara! Congratulations on your 1 week anniversary! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Hopefully the trend will continue! Isn't it amazing how great something tastes that we used to would have dreaded to have to eat? Hang in there, it really does get better. This surgery is amazing and you are going to do great. Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views