Is it too early to try to do low carb??

chunkable
on 2/15/05 5:40 am - federal way, wa
I was thinking of trying to adhere to the same type atkins diet ofcourse using my soft foods for now. I have an omelette idea for a yummy breakfast and could have it again for lunch but was wondering if you think it's too soon. ?? I don't want to do anything to mess anything up. If i do eggs at breakfast and eggs again at lunch is that okay? I'd get in lots of protein along with my 2 protein drinks that have 30 grams per service that would be well over 70 grams of protein a day?? any thoughts post ops?? Cindy
Candice E.
on 2/15/05 5:49 am - Lebanon, OR
Cindy, Mom said do what you want and your tummy will tell you what it doesn't want, You will Know!!! ITs fine as long as it is pureed or blended. Candice
chunkable
on 2/15/05 7:18 am - federal way, wa
thanks candice, I think i might try it for a week and see what happens. I really like scrambled eggs and it seemed to work with me the other morning when I had that for breakfast so why not throw it in for lunch too hehe just means more protein. How much has your mom lost now? I sure hope this surgery works. I keep thinking for some reason im going to be the one person it doesn't work for. Geez im so optomistic i know lol.. Thanks Candice. can't wait to read the list of other foods from your mom Cindy
Candice E.
on 2/15/05 7:29 am - Lebanon, OR
Mom said to tell you after she leaves the office and goes home, she will get on the computer later tonight and give you some great idea's. She said try Custard, she loved it and it is protein. Also fruit smoothies, with mashed bananas. She will talk to you tonight, your gonna do great, stay positive. She also says Walk, Walk, Walk. Candice
Molly Mae
on 2/15/05 7:32 am - WA
Hey Cindy! How's it going? You are right...at this point there is such an emphasis on getting more protein in that it is almost like a low carb plan simply because there is little room left for much else. I do a lot of eggs as well. Also, if you need something crunchy do this: heat up a nonstick skillit pretty hot and drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese onto the hot pan. It melts into a cheese chip, almost burnt but not quiet. It's really good dipped in some salsa. Definately takes more creativity to get all that freakin' protein in. Gotta go cook my feta cheese chicken now, babies are sleepin'. The recipe is from Susan Maria's book. Such great flavorful, healthy, protein packed recipes! Molly 252/215/135
chunkable
on 2/15/05 8:08 am - federal way, wa
hey molly you can also make those little cheese crispy's in the microwave just nuke it baby It works I put some on a plate for about a minute and they are crunchy almost like a chip. Im going to the store tonight to go shopping. First time since surgery lol. Im going to try to stick to the atkins guidelines again. Funny I thought the surgery would be enough and yet im still on another diet lol. I have also found a frozen turkey loaf that is out of the world. It's high in protein and sooo yummy and it has some gravy in it but the meat is so tender it almost melts in your mouth. Im picky on my meats so this is a first for me liking a roast of some kind. It's frozen though and Im going to start taking that for lunch with maybe a few green beans or some cauliflower. I do need to start walking more tonight im going to ride my excersize bike my hubby bought me. He's such a sweety. Im going to start making up some medical bracelets too for us gastric bypass folks. I made one for myself and people loved them. They are kinda pretty. I can make a guys one too Tracy if you read this You guys are the best... Still stuck at 311 though god... I can't wait for the scale to say under 300.. Cindy 335/311/165 maybe more depends on how I look and feel hehe
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views