Lack of Energy/ weight

GerrAnn
on 2/13/05 6:18 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Everyone Sure could use some advice from all you post-ops.. I am just pooped!!! I feel great with the surgery and all but I have NO energy. I have ordered some vitamins online and hope to have them next week.. I am also having 2 protein drinks a day..Anymore advice..Thanks for all your help.. And Cindy.. I'm not loosing anything either!! I joked with the hubby today and told him that the doc. just cut me open and closed me back up again.. I think Cheri's advice to stay away from the scale was the best advice for us..Also I am loosing alot of inches..in the face and chest!!! Huggs to go around for all GerrAnn
GW
on 2/13/05 6:47 am - Weatherford, TX
Hey GerrAnn! I can't give you any advice since I am still pre-op, but I am thinking about you and sending your lovin hugs! From what I hear, the lack of energy is normal though! You did just have major surgery! Take care! Genie
sue_f
on 2/13/05 7:19 am - Portland, OR
OH! I know how you feel. I lost 14 pounds while in Mexico, then the weight loss has been slower than molasses since! I am 8 weeks post-op and have lost 37 pounds. Oh well, if I had not had the surgery, I would probably be UP 37 pounds by now! Sometimes I feel like you, that the doctor just opened me up but forgot to change my insides around. Tee hee. The weight will come off, trust me. Just maybe not so fast as we would like. Take care and I hope you get a little more energy. Keep up with the protein and fluids.
kly
on 2/13/05 7:23 am - Athens, GA
Hi GerrAnn, I am sorry for you. I know all docs may have us at different stages food wise. But with me as far as the energy thing goes what I have found to work is a couple of things: I do 2 Bariatric Advantage Chewable Vitamins, 2 B-12's from GNC 1000 sublingual (even though it is in the vitamin I found I need more) Chewable Iron (in addition to what is in the vitamin) watch the constipation if to much I will do the iron every other day. The other thing that helped me esp when I was postop the same number of days you are was Gatorade. I know all Dr's don't recommend (and everyone can't tolerate it) it but mine did b/c he said my electrolytes were probably down. It definately works for me even throughout the day if I feel sluggish. You can cut it with water if you want or I happen to do the Isopure protein (40g protein) in the premixed bottles from GNC and I sometimes mix the protein with the same color/flavor of Gatorade. I now have the problem of having too much energy. I hope this happens for you real soon !!!! Good Luck and Congrats on you Weightloss inches do count as a loss !!! Karen L. Lap RNY 12/20/04 314/254
gailcatss
on 2/13/05 9:33 am - Eugene, OR
I was SUCH a Diet COKE freak... half of feeling draggy was the caffeine withdrawal! Don't know if that is your case..but I talked to some other diet coke cold turkey stoppers and that mattered to them as well. just a thought... hugs. gail
GerrAnn
on 2/13/05 9:59 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Everyone You know.. You just have to love this board.. If you have a question, problem, or concern this is the place to go.. Thank-you for the post.. I did have to go off of the regular coffee but I am using a international coffee(sneaky) with my protein drink. Warms up my inners... The suggestions about the vitamins situation is something that I will look into.. I have taken a multi vitamin and calcium plus a estroven(for hormones) for several years. So I was getting quite a boost each day. Kind of surprised that the hot flashes havent returned but who am I to complain about that one!!! Gene thank you for all your support and prayers for everyone... Huggs to all GerrAnn
Cheri Moran
on 2/13/05 9:25 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi GerrAnn! There are a number of reasons why you don't feel like you have any energy. Probably the biggest is the fact your body has just gone through a very major surgery. I think sometimes we forget just how major a surgery this is. It takes time for your body to adjust and regain its strength. We feel good for a few days forgetting what we've been through. Your body isn't getting the same amount of nourishment it used to get so its rebelling. You are mal-abosrbing your food and vitamins so your body is adjusting to that problem too. If you aren't getting at least 64 ounces of liquid in a day that's another thing that will cause you to have a lack of energy. The list goes on and on. I promise you, you will lose weight. Mine seemed really slow at first and I considered myself a slow loser but over the weeks it added up. Now I'm at 9 months and I've lost 98 pounds with just 17 more to go. Hang in there, you are doing great and it won't be long until you'll have so much more energy you won't believe it. I don't know how many times I've said that if I hadn't lost so much weight I'd think I didn't really have RNY since I feel so great and have no eating problems. Cheri
Dinka Doo
on 2/14/05 12:18 am - Medford, OR
You are in the prime period for energy issues. Do what your body is demanding and REST. You will start to notice over the next couple weeks that the energy drain isn't as great, but you will still have moments up to 2 months out that you will get very tired and want a nap. Very very normal. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views