Researching Doctors

javoanta2
on 2/13/05 1:41 am
Everytime I hit the Surgeons in Mexixo link It comes up saying they have no doctors listed but to search the !9 I have to log in ,so I do and it still tells me the same thing..Please give me a link or tell me what I am doing wrong//Thanks Teesha
Cheri Moran
on 2/13/05 3:40 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Lateesha! I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I think OH has a problem with the way they have things set up. I noticed they don't have Dr. Aguirre listed so I'm sure there are others that have been left out too. If you want to check Dr. A. out you can get to his web site and patient forum from my web site at (www.) cherimoran.com . Go to the Other Links page. Maybe patients of other doctors will respond to your post and give you their info. I really wish OH had left the way they had it set up alone. At least it worked and you could find the info you needed. Cheri
Dinka Doo
on 2/13/05 3:46 am - Medford, OR
Teesha - I just checked it out also and found the same thing you mentioned. It is obviously a glitch with OH, but I suspect they aren't putting a lot of energy into it since no one is paying for advertising. I wouldn't expect much help from there. Instead, you can just spend time here getting info from patients here on who they saw. I will TRY to list who I know does surgery in Mexico and what kind, but I might not be accurate, so I'll leave it up to others to put their two cents worth in. I saw Dr. Alejandro Aguirre Wallace in Ensenada Mexico. He is one of the most popular choices here. He only does the open RNY, but he does it very well. Others here have seen several docs in Tijuana for lap RNY and lap bands. I know I've heard of Dr. Ortiz mostly. I'm trying to think and I can't remember the others I've heard of there. I know a couple here who saw a Dr. Verbooten in Tijuana who had nothing nice to say about him. Then there is a Dr. Rumbaut (sp?) who I think is in Monterrey. Dr. Baltasar in Spain (not quite south of the border though!) does the duodenal switch. Good luck in your search. There are many great docs down there to choose from! Dina
Dinka Doo
on 2/13/05 4:07 am - Medford, OR
Teesha - check the new post I just made on south of the border docs. I was able to work around and find the list that OH has by checking for the name of the docs. If you want to check that out, go here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/finda_nonus_doc.phtml and type in the initial of the doc you are looking for and it will give you a list of names for doctors out of the country. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views