Help

ROGER S.
on 2/11/05 3:51 am - HERMISTON, OR
Hello Everyone, I have been watching everyone's progress and I have been so impressed. But I need any and everyones help. My husband, Roger desperatly needs this surgery. He has sleep apnea, high blood presser and diabetes, just to name the major ones. One year ago last october he was to have the surgery with Dr Jorge Rincon at the Wish Center in Renton Wa., he backed out at the last minute. He is so afraid of surgery, he has never had to have any surgery of any kind. Where me I am deathly afraid for him not to. He said he did not feel that he has tried everything on his own, well it is over a year later and no improvement, he did not have diabetes a year ago. He is 44 Years old. Well he now realized he can not do it on his own, and he has to have it done. I have scheduled his surgery for March 11, 2005 with Dr Alejandro Aguirre in Ensenada Mexico, it is a third of the cost of the Wish Center and we are self pay. I read everyones posts daily, therefore I feel comfortable with him going to Mexico, but he does not like the thought of being in another country if anything is to happen, is it sanitary, is the equipment up to date, so on and soforth. I am going to purchase our airline tickets today and e mail the flight schedule to rosella for Bambi to pick us up at the airport. So many people are so desperate to have this surgery and could die waiting to be able to pay for it, we can pay for ours but I am afraid he is going to die waiting out of fear of the unknown. My daugher who is 17 told me the other day "Please mom get dad to have that surgery, I never pray, but sometimes I pray that my dad does not die in his sleep, or that he will be there to give me away at my wedding, and see his grandchildren." It made me cry immediatly. I know I seem to be rambling but I am desperate. If everyone could take a few minutes to e-mail me to [email protected] about their experience with their surgery in Mexico, I would be very grateful, I will print them off and give them to him to read and maybe he will feel more comfortable about his decision. Thank you in advance. Robin~~Rogers wife Ashley~~Rogers daughter
Candice E.
on 2/11/05 4:06 am - Lebanon, OR
I am so glad you have joined our family. Roger is gonna do great. I am really comfortable with my decision. I am having Surgery on 3/2 and am so excited, Keep reading the forum, it will keep you going. I will keep in touch with you, tell your daughter that she is gonna have her Daddy for many years to come. Don't worry. Julie Ryan a freind of mine, told me the best thing you will do is Stay positive and thats what I intend to do. Hugs, Candice
gobelkys
on 2/11/05 4:18 am - MIAMI, FL
You are in the right place, I will be having surgery on 3/8/05 with Dr. Aguirre. I will be leaving on the 16th early afternoon. Please tell your husband that I have been researching this surgery for the past 4 years. My insurance has it as an "exclusion" so I was force to go self pay. I since then I had to save the monie and I set this date since May of last year. Dr. Aguirre is the best, I would not settle for anything less. Even if I had to wait longer. tell you Dear hubbie that he has nothing to be afraid, that it will be worse for him if he doesnt get this surgery done. But tell him the most important thing is for him to take the time and do some research on his own, right on this message board, he will find not only the info he will need to get, but also he will find and make lots of friend and get to know other patient that have already gone thru this sometime ago and recently. I my self will be there from the 7th til the 16th, and anything I can do to help, just let me know. Best wishes, Belkys 3/8/05 new birthdate
KrisInAL
on 2/11/05 12:43 pm - Bessemer, AL
I am pre-op too. I have my surgery next week. There are several post ops on this board that have written their entire Ensenada experience on their profile. I would strongly suggest you look at those profiles. You can look at Dr. Aguirre's page on this site (click on find a doc, click on Mexico, and then Dr. Aguirre's link). Once on his page you can see the patient testomonials. Click on the members name & you will see their entire profile. I felt so much better after reading those profiles. The profiles are completely honest. Some say that some of the nurses weren't that great & didn't speak English very well - but hey, not all nurses in the US are "all that" either! ha ha. I haven't seen one thing on ALL of the profiles I have looked at that has made me doubt my decision. Please print the profiles for your husband to see. Also, maybe you could E-mail a post-op and ask them if they would mind talking to you and your husband over the phone. I have also heard that some patients talk to Dr. Aguirre over the phone before they go - just to get more information & get comfortable with their decision. Everyone on this board is so nice & I am sure that they will give you all the support and help you need. Also, from what I understand Mexico is like any other place.....there are "good" sections, "not so good" sections & "bad" sections. Ensenada is a good section - many cruise ships cruise in and out of the port. The more research that you and your husband do - the better you will feel about the decision. If you have any specific questions, please post them. These post-opers are very quick to respond & are such a great resource. Good Luck & I will keep you and your husband in my prayers that he will find the courage to make the decision to be healthy and live a long, healthy life surrounded by his loved ones! He is lucky to have a family that cares so much.
Cheri Moran
on 2/11/05 12:53 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi Robin! I've e-mailed you some information. I did a lot of research and Dr. Aguirre was my choice since I was having to self pay. He really is a wonderfully compassionate and skilled surgeon. Your husband will be in great hands. I prayed a lot about my surgery and I must say I went in to it with the sweetest peace, knowing I was doing the right thing. I am so pleased with my results. I just can't tell you what an impact this surgery has had on my life. I have no regrets other than I wish I could have done it sooner! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views