Duodenal Switch

KerryBnTX
on 2/11/05 3:02 am - Alvord, TX
I am interested in a revision from RNY to Duodenal Switch. Is there any surgeons in Mexico that do the DS surgery? Any that do revisions?
maureenmosti
on 2/11/05 3:17 am - Mexico, Mexico
Dr. Miguel Herrera here in Mexico City does de LAP RNY revision. Unfortunately I don´t think any surgeon here in Mexico has experience with duodenal switch. ANyhow I can give you his email, and I am sure if there is someone that can do it here in Mexico he can give you his information. Dr. Herrera is one of the top bariatric surgeons here in Mexico, and he is a very decent person.
KerryBnTX
on 2/11/05 5:10 am - Alvord, TX
Thank you Maureen. I would like to have the edress. I am fairly certain that I would have to have an open procedure due to possible adhessions from prior surgeries. Maybe he can tell me if there is anything anyone can do for me. Dr. Gilberto Ungson in Hermosillo, Sonora, México does DS but I don't know if he does revisions. I don't know anything about Hemosillo. So knowing if there was someone somewhere I have at least heard of would be nice.
Sandy N.
on 2/12/05 5:02 am - GA
Kerry, Dr. Ungson does do the Duodenal Switch, I believe he is the only one in Mexico that does it. RNY revisons are done by many surgeon but I have read that it is best to go back to your original surgeon for revision if possible. Sandy Dr. Aceves lap band
KerryBnTX
on 2/12/05 7:38 am - Alvord, TX
Thanks for replying Sandy. I contacted the clinic my surgeon works at now. He is with the Barix Clinic now and their office said that they do not do any revisions at all. They have a private operating room and are not at a hospital. And therefore are not set up for high risk surgeries. As far as I know, no one in Texas is doing DS. The hospital I had my surgery at has been destroyed. The practice my surgeon had (13 yrs ago) is no longer around. I don't know where my medical records are. They are not with the surgeon at Barix. I don't even know if my surgery was proximal or distal. I imagine my case is hopeless. Probably no surgeon will want to touch me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views