DR.'s EXCUSE?

swilliams
on 2/9/05 10:04 am - somewhere, IL
I am scheduled to have surgery the end of March in Mexico and my job is okay with everything except that they need some type of Dr.'s excuse to preapprove it how did any of you obtain that (if you had to)? Thanks S Williams
chunkable
on 2/9/05 10:37 am - federal way, wa
I waited until I got home and went into my pcp with my staples and g tube and asked him if he could write me a note for 2 weeks off. They are usually pretty understanding when you had your surgery out of the country. Mine was great about it and asked me if i wanted even more time off lol Cindy
klnbaker
on 2/9/05 11:48 am - Gresham, OR
I sent a form to my doc in Mexico and asked him to complete it. He did and sent it back. Maybe if you ask him to prepare a letter saying you are having surgery and how long he recommends you being off work that would satisfy your employer. Kathleen
cathy.fowler
on 2/9/05 12:26 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hi. I contacted my doctor's office in Mexico and asked for their fax number along with the other numbers you have to dial from the states. The doctor wrote a letter (on his letterhead) stating I was having surgery on a certain date and the approximate date of my release to go back to work. They faxed it back to me and I took it to Medical along with instructions/numbers for them to contact doctor's office if needed. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views