uh oh...

martyp
on 2/9/05 6:12 am - springfield, VA
that light i thought i saw at the end of the tunnel may just turn out to be the next train come to run me over. i just got done writing rosella an email detailing my numerous medications and obesity related problems with an emphasis on recent blood pressure readings. three over the last week have been 220/110, 208/100 and 204/100. this is even a tad higher than normal for me. anyway, i saw a cardiologist today and the tests were similar to six months ago but she said something to the effect that no doctor would send a person with my blood pressure into the operating room. silly me. i thought that was the point of the surgery. i know conditions are not optimal but if they were, dr. aguirre would be somebody else's option. i'm a little worried about rosella's answer to my email. i'm tellin' ya. sometimes i feel like if it weren't for bad luck, i wouldn't have no luck at all.
cathy.fowler
on 2/9/05 6:55 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Marty, please clarify for me........is the she you're refering to Rosella or the cardiologist? Hopefully, it's the cardiologist and Rosella will have Dr Aguirre get with you and get everything under control. My blood pressure has been higher than usual. I'm no doctor by any means, but, I think it's the stress leading up to the "trip"! Good luck, I will watch for your updates. Cathy
Melissa M.
on 2/9/05 9:57 am - UT
Good luck with everything. If you don't mind me asking, what BP meds are you taking? I agree with the other poster that said perhaps your nerves are making your BP reading's higher than normal. A little note about increased BP's and surgery. I know this is a different situation, but I had high BP in pregnancy and had a c-section. My BP going into surgery was 220/120. They gave me meds to decrease my BP during surgery. The meds they use during surgery for increased BP are a little bit different than the PO BP meds you may be taking. I hope that your readings aren't a problem and that you'll be able to have your surgery as scheduled. I'll be thinking about you and hoping for the best. Good luck. Melissa
KrisInAL
on 2/9/05 9:56 pm - Bessemer, AL
What was Rosella's response? I hope you are still able to have your surgery (safely). Please let us know.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views