The plane ride home

Nicky R.
on 2/8/05 12:26 am - Northern, VA
I am being banded next weekend in Monterrey. I have read that many people have bad gas and other undesirable stomach problems the few days following surgery. I have a pretty lengthy plane ride home. Are their any problems I should expect to encounter? Is their anything I can do to make my ride home more comfortable?
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 12:40 am - Medford, OR
I don't know about the band, but I had the RNY and had no problems or issues for the plane ride home. The seatbelt sat low and didn't get in the way of my incision (I was open). I just was careful what I ate on the travel day and was careful not to lift anything heavier than my purse. No worse than sitting in a car for the most part. Just remember to get up and stretch and move a bit. I flexed my legs most of the time I was on the plane. Dina
Sandy N.
on 2/8/05 2:19 am - GA
Nicky, I was banded in Mexicali and had a long ride home as well. I did not have any gas pain discomfort or stomach problems. I was sore at the incisions but it was not bad at all. I do know that it is different with everyone and some people do experience it. Ask your doctor what you can take for your stomach problems, my surgeon recommended something in case I needed it. If you get nauseated in airplanes he can also give you something for your ride back home, you don't want to be vomiting! Depending on how you are feeling and how far away the gates for your connecting flights are you might consider asking for a wheelchair at the aiport. Please don't carry your bags. Good luck!! Sandy Dr Aceves-lapband
Maria E.
on 2/8/05 2:50 am - USA, XX
Nicky I had gas pains at the hospital, I am not sure how many days you stay at the hospital before going back home but I walked a lot my second day at the hospital to help the gas get out of my system. It has to get out and since I was under medication at the hospital it wasn't as painful. If you are delayed or have to wait at the airport, walk, it really does help a lot. Mary
kimberly
on 2/8/05 10:25 am - LIBUSE, LA
My husband and I were in Monterrey two weeks ago. My husband had lap rny with Dr. Rumbaut! I hope you are using him! He and all the staff are wonderful! My husband did not have trouble with pain at all and the plane ride home was no problem. He drove home 4 hours after we got to the airport. If I can answer any questions, please let me know. Thanks, Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views