Post Ops

chunkable
on 2/7/05 11:46 pm - federal way, wa
What are you eating now? I think I need to change things a little Im getting bored. Anyone have some ideas?? what are you all eating now? Cindy
Molly Mae
on 2/8/05 12:26 am - WA
At your stage I too was getting bored. I am a major flavor junky and had to incorporate some more tasty foods. I ate smoked muenster cheese, pepper jack cheese, laughing cow cheese (costco) on a rosemarybasil triscut, finely shredded deli ham with a Tbs of Ragu and some feta cheese warmed to bubbling in microwave, eggs of course, very crispy microwaved Fred Meyer turkey bacon chewed real well. Also, buy some sugar free pudding and mix a Tbs with a good, cold, high protien shake. Throw in a chunk of frozen banana and blend. I have the magic bullet and it is so worth it (Ebay). Just last weekend I started doing some SouthBeach recipes. I am now eating more shrimp prepared with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Also, ginger sesame asparagus is so good with the shrimp. It's expensive but I can only eat 3 shrimp so at 13.00 a bag from Costco a pound can last a while. Gotta go now! Barney's over , lol! More later, Molly
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 12:35 am - Medford, OR
Let's see - you are still on the soft food phase. If I can remember right, these are some things you might try that I had... *Underwood chicken or potted ham on crackers or rice cake. *Chicken Vienna Sausages *I pureed some homemade chicken curry that was out of this world. You can put it on soft cooked cauliflower drained and chopped up like rice. *Protein pudding. Use SF pudding mix with Carb Countdown milk. You can add a scoop of flavorless protein powder or chocolate to it as well. *Egg sandwich. I used low carb bread like Sara Lee's Delightful toasted and would use either egg salad or scramble an egg and put mustard on the toast. *Protein oatmeal. Use slow cooking oatmeal and cook it thick in Carb Countdown milk along with Splenda and cinnamon. Yum! *Peanut butter spread. You take 1 tub of fat free Philly cream cheese, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a few packets of Splenda and mix it well. I put it on Corn Cakes which are super thin versions of rice cakes. This stuff is super yummy and loaded with protein! *Chicken & Cottage cheese. One of my favorite meals was to take Costco chicken and dice it up fine and put it atop a scoop of cottage cheese. The hot with the cold and the flavors melded so well. It was yummy! A little further out when I returned to work I started eating the low-carb frozen dinners like the Weigh****chers Smart Ones. I really loved the turkey - it was very tender and moist. I just looked for the ones highest in protein and concentrated on those. That made it easy to figure out what to have for lunch. Dina
Molly Mae
on 2/8/05 1:29 am - WA
Thanks Dina, Great point...she's still on soft and pureed foods. Sorry about that but you can still puree lots of great stuff you make for your family. I didn't feel much like cooking when I was two weeks out. In fact, my poor family has been on processed food for a while and now I am cooking like a crazy lady. Another idea... If you love chicken enchiladas you'll enjoy some canned chicken breast with enchilada sauce, cheese and a dollop of refried beans on top. If you love lasanga you'll love some ricotta cheese topped with spaghetti sauce and mozz cheese heated til bubbly. If you love steak...too bad! Just kidding, try some of that awesome Tillamook steak jerky. It has a really good flavor and you can kinda suck on it and then chase all that salt with a ton of water. Ok, ok, this one is really lacking in nutrition but it's what I resorted to as a premenstral postop, lol! Dina, sounds like you have a really great imagination when it comes to pretend rice! I am gonna try that. DH is Asian so rice used to be a staple around here and some dishes are not the same without it! Good luck Cindy, keep us posted! Molly
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 2:04 am - Medford, OR
I love those Tillamook Steak Nuggets, but for some reason the ones I've been getting lately are more tough than the earlier batches I got. They are a good choice for someone afraid to try regular jerky though. I ate those probably 2-3 months out (maybe 4 - I can't remember) and did great. As for the cauliflower rice, just make sure you drain it well and it will be fine. In fact, what I used to do was to slice the head of cauliflower thin so the florets broke into tiny pieces and then cooked it like that and strained it out. You can cook it in broth and give it more flavor too. Drain well and it is a decent substitute...esp with soy sauce! All my years of Atkins taught me some tricks! LOL! You can check out my low-carb section of my website for other recipes I developed while on Atkins years ago. It's www.javajabbers.com. Dina
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 2:08 am - Medford, OR
That link to my website didn't work as it put a period in there at the end. Just click on the WWW button below my posts and it will take you there. Dina
Molly Mae
on 2/8/05 2:23 am - WA
ahhh, so that's what the www button is there for. Thanks Dina, great recipes, cute little boy! Also, as an aside, isn't it great that some of Dr. A's patients now post to this board? I love the format and I know you have been posting here a long time. I really like it versus the patient forum format. So much easier to follow. I still check the forum but feel more comfortable over here.
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 3:15 am - Medford, OR
I do indeed like this format more. I like that the other forum is just Dr. A patients in that there are no hard feelings when someone's doc doesn't have as large a support system, but generally this is what I prefer. It's better in so many many ways. Just simply that we can create a paragraph and use smilies makes a huge difference! Dina
GerrAnn
on 2/8/05 12:49 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Guys You just made my mouth salavate!! I was so happy to read that Molly is eating all that yummy spicy food.. The smells down here at carnival are driving me crazy.. Just wanted to rip that shredded beef taco with guacamole out of a little girls hand last night!!! Hope I will also be able to tolerate spice.. Hummmm Shrimp GerrAnn
Dinka Doo
on 2/8/05 2:01 am - Medford, OR
GerrAnn - I was able to tolerate spice just fine. Bu****ch out - there is a problem with that in that you tend to want to DRINK when you have spicey foods. I did that with thin crust buffalo chicken pizza once. One of my earlier mistakes! I HAD to drink after I had that and BOY did I dump....even though it was super cracker thin crust!!! Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views