:-( Ashamed / Embarassed

jarrn03
on 2/7/05 10:54 pm - Lebanon, OR
I didn't tell anyone about my surgery until I was about 5 mo out. I then loved the shock factor I had on people when I told them what and where I had done. The reason I didn't tell was I didn't want anyone second guessing my decision. I did my home work and was at total peace with my decision. Today like everyone else I do not regret my decision to have this done one bit. I have my life back. You do what's right for you not anyone else. They don't have to live in the misery of obesity. Tell them until they've walked in your shoes not to worry about. It also may be jealousy because you have been brave enough to take control of your life. Keep your head up and remember you are doing this for you and only you! Julie
Molly Mae
on 2/8/05 2:37 am - WA
It was very hard for me but this surgery is something that I kept almost exclusivley to myself, my imidiate family and my barista at my local espresso stand (I was a regular there for five years and gaining 50 pounds). There is no more powerful feeling in the world than taking responsibility for yourself and charge of your future. You are laying it all on the line for your health and happiness by having this life altering surgery. Financially, emotionally and now your reputation in town. Imagine the victorious feeling that you will have when you bump into some of these naysayers in a few months. It will be all the sweeter knowing all the crap they are giving you now. You are gonna do great. Dr. Aguirre and his staff are top notch and I think you will agree. Molly 252/217/135
Jenny B.
on 2/8/05 5:39 am - Cary, Jamaica
That is such a typically arrogant, ignorant American attitude. I am in Mexico right now, and let me tell you something. This is the nicest hospital I've ever been in. In an American hospital, how often does your doctor come to check on you? Here he comes by 3 or 4 times a day! How long does it take for an exhausted, overworked nurse to get your pain meds? Here I have a nurse practically to myself - and she's literally there within seconds after I press the call button. I have much more to say on this subject, but the nurse is calling me to have a tube drained (ick). Tell these people that if they had any sort of education, they'd know that Mexico does not equal a kitchen table operation. Harumph! Jenny in Jamaica (currently in Mexico) Dr. Aceves; lap RNY; Feb 5, 2005
GerrAnn
on 2/11/05 2:32 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Jenny Just wanted to see how you are doing. Hurry and get home to give us an update on your trip.. Glad to here that your surgery went well.. Hope your recovery is fast. GerrAnn
Cheri Moran
on 2/9/05 7:17 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Kris! I didn't tell very many people before I had surgery. Mainly my family, the co-workers that needed to know, and a few friends that I felt would be supportive. I waited until the Sunday before I left to tell my parents. My Mother begged me not to have the surgery. She was just scared, as any mother is scared when her child has major surgery. As soon as I got out of the hospital and called her she became one of my biggest supporters. I didn't tell people because I didn't want to hear negative attitudes. I did my research and prayed a lot and was very confident I had made the right decision. After I came home I told anybody that asked that I had WLS. Many were shocked that I went to Mexico but I must say I have had extremely positive feedback. When I tell them about my experience while in Mexico they are extremely impressed. Relax and don't worry about what others think about your decision. In a few months these same people will be in shock when they see how much weight you've lost. Climb back up on Cloud 9 it's the place you deserve to be! Cheri Moran
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views