MORE apt. ?'s

GW
on 2/6/05 10:32 pm - Weatherford, TX
Okay, this is for all you post-ops out there who stayed in the apartments. I am trying to figure out what all I need to take. Any and all answers are greatly appreciated! 1. How well is the kitchen stocked? Is there a pitcher to make up tea or crystal lite? How about pans for husband to cook in? 2. I know Rosella brings in water. What kind? Bottled? 5-gallon jugs? Individual bottles that my crystal lite on the go would work in? 3. I also know we are not allowed food or drink for 3 days. After that, how many protein drinks should I bring per day? Is there anything that is not available there that I should pack? 4. Should I take liquid vitamins with me? 5. I take 9 pills a day. Rosella said that I could bring them, but my question is, How will I take them with no water? And when water is allowed, some of these pills are BIG! Did any of you just quit taking your medications while there? My pills are for blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, depression, and diabetes. The rest I know I can safely miss. Any input????? Genie
TracyW
on 2/6/05 11:50 pm - Spring, TX
Hey I stayed in Apt #1 1 - Yes there are pictures as well as pots and pans. I used water bottles and just poured crystal lite powder into the bolltle. Most of the time I just poured a little powder into the bottles ecause if I made it normal it was too strong, also I used the water bottles to keep track of how much I was able to drink. 2 - Apt 1 had about a 5 gal water bottle, Apt 2 has about a 2.5 gal bottle. I had a couple of water bottles and Cindy gave me some more. I would drink them and would refill them from the water that Rosella had there. 3 - I did not do any protien drinks while I was there. 4 - Dr A wants you to start Vitamins after 2 weeks. 5 - You need to bring them and Dr A will tell you what to do. Hope this helps... Tracy
GW
on 2/7/05 12:56 am - Weatherford, TX
Thank you Tracy! BTW, You are doing so fantastic!!! I hope I do as well! When you get back to work, disregard this email from me. I emailed you first, and got the automated response, so I posted here! You can run, but you can't hide! Genie
GerrAnn
on 2/7/05 12:57 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Genie I am in apt #2 right now. 1. This apt is fully stocked with all the necessitys also.. Plus we stole the toaster from Tracy before they left!! 2. Rosella does bring water if you can reach her.. We have not had luck with the phone in this apt.. I am out of water at this time but she should be here today sometime to refill it. 3. I have been drinking the protein drinks.. Seem to make me have more energy to walk the streets and shop!! I am having 2 a day. 4.no 5. I bought a pill crusher at walmart for my pills. havent taken anything since I've been here. But I don't take meds like you have too.. My Dr. in Idaho said to take tums for calcium after surgery.. So maybe that will help with the acid problem.. I had a daily problem with that before surgery but none since.. Let's hope we can get off all pills... 6. If you are doing your own nursing please bring more gause(for cleaning with iodine.) don't need more iodine.. Plus you need to find pads to go over the incision that are like kotex.. I need two a day and they only supplied for 2 days. The pharmacy here didnt have the same things so I wish I would have checked at home for more.. I mentioned to Rosella that I wasn't going to have enought supplies but she kind of didnt hear me. Those were the only two things we ran out of.. My husband "Nurse Larry" Did a wonderful job for me.. Couldn't have done it without him.. It was really a simple process and not gross at all to us.. No blood and guts type of thing..lol He got the process down to a science before he left this morning. So don't be afraid to have mom or hubby do it if they feel comfortable with it.. GerrAnn
GW
on 2/7/05 1:38 am - Weatherford, TX
GerrAnn, Thanks so much! That does help out quite a bit. I was planning on going on line and ordering some samples. I keep hearing good stuff about unjury protein. Also roadside lemonade by vitalady? Which do you use and are you happy with it? Genie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views