apartment or not...

martyp
on 1/30/05 7:20 am - springfield, VA
i am beginning to sense some second thoughts about the apartments. for those of us travelling alone, is a nurse only available to come to the apartments? for you current or recent apartment dwellers, wattayathink? has the bloom come off the rose? time to redecorate? i need to make a firm decision soon. i owe rosella that much. marty pendleton
klnbaker
on 1/30/05 8:50 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Marty I stayed in the apartments. I thought they were fine. OK, the beds weren't very comfortable. but then I am partial to my own bed! I liked the contact I had with other WLS patients who were also staying there. The neighborhood was fine, a little noisey from the sirens, but then, so is my house! I felt comfortable walking around by myself. I liked having the kitchen access. Kathleen
Cheri Moran
on 1/30/05 10:15 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Marty! I'm really shocked to see all the concern about staying in the apartments. We stayed in apartment 1 for 10 nights and I thought is was great! It was very nice, roomy, and I enjoyed having a kitchen so we didn't have to go to a restaurant. I enjoyed walking on the porch area or down to the park. Having a computer so I could keep up with everyone and e-mail my family was nice. My husband and I found the beds to be comfortable. There is a queen and single bed and I slept in both and didn't have a problem with either one. The shower is large. It goes all the way across the end of the bathroom and I liked that. I visited in apartment 2 and didn't see where there would be a problem with it. Rosella brought 5 gallon bottles of water for the water machine when needed and the young lady that she brought to clean the apartments did a real good job. I'm sure the hotels are nice too, but for me, the apartment was more comfortable. Cheri
TracyW
on 1/31/05 1:33 am - Spring, TX
Hey Marty.. I would most definitely stay in the Apt if you are coming alone, because the odds are there will be someone in the other apt while you are here. We had a problem because ours STANK, it smelt like something was dead in here, well yesterday our propane ran out and we then realized that they put something in propane to tell you when your tank is getting low because now the smell is gone. When you come be sure to bring a back scratchier, it is very handy in picking stuff up off the floor.
Dinka Doo
on 1/31/05 6:54 am - Medford, OR
Pros and cons for both. I stayed at the Hotel Coral and rather wish I had stayed at the apartment. I loved the ocean view, but I am more of a homebody type person, so the apartment would have been more my style. I would loved to have had a kitchen so I could cook a little bit for my meager meals. And having the computer already there is a bonus because the dial up at the hotel for my laptop was only 33K baud and cost $5.00 a day extra. The hotel was great, and it was fine for me, though. I liked that they came every day to give you as much water as you needed and clean your room. I liked that there was a TV in the bedroom and the living room. I liked that the bathroom was huge and that there was a balcony overlooking the beach. It was a bit warm for me in March. They do have an air conditioner but it's not turned on in the winter/spring. Still it does pump out cool enough air to help. I would let the ocean breeze help cool it off too. It was a nice walk around the hotel as well. I'm not a touristy kind of person so I didn't go shopping around town. I was happy to just stay at the the hotel. Had I been in the apartment I probably would have done much the same, but I might have ventured out a little more. At the hotel, I sat in the chair more than the sofa, but the sofa was not that comfortable to sit on. I used all the extra pillows they send up for you to prop myself on it. The one we had was a sofa sleeper and it was a bit lumpy and just felt a bit old. The chair was okay but a bit hard. The one thing I didn't like at the hotel - and I'm not sure if it's the same for the apartment or not - but the towels smelled gamey. I had a sensitive sniffer after surgery so the smells were a bit strong for me. But I didn't have a problem smelling dinner wafting up from the restaurant. That always smelled good! Dina
Red H.
on 1/31/05 12:17 pm - Lebanon, OR
Hi, We have chose the Hotel Coral because of the convenience of having pools, spa, restaurant, shopping and the feeling of safety. Things are different in another country and not speaking the language can have its limits. Also, room service works, especially if you need somethng and can't go get it. I understand its not that far from the clinic and the taxi is about $5. I like the idea of having a salon so I can get my hair done if I can't do it myself. Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views