My Goal: A weight and dress size that start with a 1!

klnbaker
on 1/30/05 4:29 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Gang! I'm kinda happy with my progress so I wanted to share my news. I went shopping and was actually able to buy size 16 pants! I guess I hadn't felt like I had lost enough weight to be noticeable. But this weekend, I saw alot of people I hadn't seen in awhile. It felt great hearing their comments about how good I looked. Now I just need to loose 4 more pounds to make the second part of my goal. Love to you all, Kathleen
cathy.fowler
on 1/30/05 5:47 am - Mesquite, TX
Wow---it's only been 2 1/2 months since your surgery----I think a 16 is great! While reading your profile, I noticed you indicated gardening as a pasttime (you love flowers). I always have projects going around here (my family dreads them---they know they will HAVE to help!) Anyway, two years ago I decided to landscape the back yard and I did! I went to Lowe's and bought three pickup trucks full of metal edging, trees, bushes, flowers, ground cover, etc). It took 6 days to get it together,,,,and nearly killed me! Six days the end of May in Texas is really hot! After that was completed, I decided to pull down the old wooden fence and build a new one out of 2 x2's (looks like rod iron) painted it black. That took the whole week of Spring break (my daughter was thrilled--NOT!) Mind you,I have a "in the office, sit down job" and I'm very large (or I wouldn't be considering this surgery!) I have not been the same since---I'm still recouperating from the fence----but the back yard is beautiful! I realy think my family wants me to have this surgery----I will be my "project" this year-----and they won't need to do anything---lol!
Cheri Moran
on 1/30/05 10:00 am - Big Spring, TX
Congratulations Kathleen! It really is fun to get to a new size. I remember how excited I was when I made it to a size 16. It felt so good to finally be able to shop in a regular store. You are doing great! I was excited to find I could wear a size 12 in skirts and pants this weekend. I've been moaning and groaning because I could wear medium tops but was still in a size 14 jean. I'm 3 1/2 pounds from the Century mark so I'm anxious to reach that goal. Hang in there, you'll lose that 4 pound before you know it and then it will be on to the next goal! Cheri
gailcatss
on 1/30/05 1:20 pm - Eugene, OR
Kathleen. You skinny little thing you! ! ! Congratulations! I am moving to Oregon this Spring--somewhere in the Williamette Valley--This fall when I was out there I was totally stunned how beautiful all the flowers were! I've not been into gardening since being here in FL -- just too miserably hot all the time--but I am looking forward to it in Oregon You sound like you are doing GREAT! Congrats once more. Gail
klnbaker
on 1/31/05 11:12 am - Gresham, OR
I do love to garden! I'm looking forward to being able to get around easier this year. My backyard has a beautiful water feature that my husband and son made. We also have a fireplace, and a covered area that we made into our "Purple Dachshund Cantina"! (I loved Mexico even before I had my surgery there!) We have an outdoor bar, a hanging chair (you've seen them on every street corner in Mexico) and a bunch of other Mexican decorations. We have an annual fiesta in July for my husband's birthday. Gail, you will love gardening in Oregon. You can almos****ch things grow! Kathleen
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views