I'm back at the hotel

nwlisac
on 1/29/05 7:36 am - Gresham, OR
Hi everyone, I just got released from the hospital and have been resting in my hotel room. It is a gorgeous day today so we have been sitting in chairs on the terrace. The sun feels really good to me. I finally figured out that the reason I was having such a difficult time is that the binder was squeezing me and giving me the same sensation I feel when I have an asthma attack. So for the past 48 hours I have just been panicking feeling like something is wrong. But once I figured out that I wasn't having an asthma attack, I have been able to calm down and relax. Dr. Aguirre, Dr. Estrello and the anesthesiologist all 3 told me "i'm a very stressful lady" so I realized I must have been interpreting my situation wrong. Not a lot of pain today...just getting used to being up and walking around. I was very grateful to have Cindy and Tracy in the hospital at the same time. It definitely helped to have other people there confirming what I was going through. Anyway, I'm off to take a nap, but wanted to leave a quick message. Excited to meet GerrAnn and Tami. Hope your trip is quick and easy. Be sure to bring chapstick for your hospital room, and it would help if you brought a small clock that glows in the dark. In the middle of the night it's nice to know the time. I'll post more later but wanted to say hey to GerrAnn and Tami before they left. Hope you're doing well Tracy and Cindy. You guys were sooo right...today was much much better. My husband and I are off to go surfing! Love you all Lisa
cathy.fowler
on 1/29/05 7:53 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Lisa, I'm glad your doing good. Is the hotel great? I researched after you first talked about it....and I switched my reservations to Hotel Coral...it really wasn't that much more than the apartment with the food and spa voucher. I think I will feel more comfortable (and get out a walk more) in that area. Did you take a taxi back to the hotel or did Rosella take you? I'll keep checking on you progress----25 more days, and I'll be there!
Jenny B.
on 1/29/05 9:08 am - Cary, Jamaica
Glad to hear you're doing well Lisa! Congratulations to you! ~~~~~~~~~~ Jenny in Jamaica Dr. Aceves; lap RNY; Feb 5, 2005
TracyW
on 1/29/05 9:12 am - Spring, TX
Hey Lisa glad you were able to post and let us know that you were out and at the hotel. Mike, Cindy and I just went for a walk down to the park and sat outside in the sun. I know what you mean the sun felt so good, I have been cold today so the sun felt so nice. I'm glad you have figured out about your binder. If I was to guess I feel like I am about 75% back to my normal self already it is so amazing how much better you feel each day. Take Care Tracy
GerrAnn
on 1/29/05 9:16 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Lisa, I am so glad that you were able to figure out what the problem was!! I am packed and ready to head out the door early tomorrow morning.. Hope to be at the hotel in time for the happy hour.. or two. or three...lol Will make it a point to hunt you and hubby down.. Enjoy the ocean.. I will join you before the next surf is up... GerrAnn
klnbaker
on 1/29/05 11:12 am - Gresham, OR
Yea, Lisa! Doesn't it feel good to have the surgery behind you? I'm so happy that everything went well. I do miss those sunny Ensenada days! Enjoy them while you can, it's raining in good ole' Gresham! Welcome to the other side! Kathleen
TTCromar
on 1/29/05 12:59 pm - UT
Hi Sweety!!! Sooooooo glad to hear your doing good. I just finished telling my husband that I didn't think they had internet connections in the hotel...but it's nice to know they do. Take it easy on the waves....we don't want to see you out do the locals. SEE YOU MONDAY!!!!!!
chunkable
on 1/29/05 2:04 pm - federal way, wa
Lisa honey i am so glad you are doing better. we were going to walk up to see you today but then found out you were released. we are going to try to hit some shops tomorrow for souveniers if you want to go with us mike's cell phone number is 253-261-2880 just give us a jingle. Tracy and I and mike and Tracy's mom will all be going out so it would be nice to have you there too. Im so glad your doing better hon. Everyday gets a little better... BIG HUGS Cindy
Cheri Moran
on 1/29/05 10:34 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi Lisa! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. You, Tracy, and Cindy have done really well and I know you are excited to be on the losing side. I can just see the three of you out there riding the surf! Have fun! Be sure to relax and enjoy yourself. Each day you feel better and stronger. Congratulations! Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views