Did your doctor inject saline into the band upon insertion?

kel P.
on 1/29/05 5:33 am - new york, NY
Please help, I'm confused! I'm not banded yet and have found some doctors that inject saline into the band when they FIRST put it in you and other doctors who put the band in empty and then fill it later. What have you guys experienced and what do you think is best? Mexico is such a long way for me to go back for fills! Does anyone know a doctor in the Northeast that will do fills if you have been banded in Mexico? I'd like to know where I could go for fills before I get this done. Thanks! Kel
Sandy N.
on 1/29/05 7:28 am - GA
Kel, As I understand it it is up to the doctor to decide if you need the band to filled or put in empty, according to each patient's situation. I really don't think you can decide what you want done. The most common thing is that it is put empty. I only know of 1 person who had a fill when she had her surgery. I know that I felt pretty restricted after surgery with NO fill, if I would have gotten a fill I don't think I could have gotten anything down! You start to lose the restriction and then you can get a fill. I am not sure about a doctor for fills in your area but my surgeon's coordinator was very helpful in helping me find one in my area. You can try and get your docotr's office to help. Sandy Lap band- Dr Aceves 292/189/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views