Water Day Question

TracyW
on 1/27/05 9:12 pm - Spring, TX
OK I know that I am suppose to sip water but in one sitting how much water is to much? OK I know this sounds stupid, but I just sipped 1/2 bottle of water, I took very small sips.
Happy Me
on 1/28/05 12:31 am
Tracy, I don't remember Dr A telling me how much. I just took a bottle with me all day and kept sipping at it. It seems like I drank 2-2 1/2 bottles, but I was still hurting pretty bad that day. Have you decided what you're having for breakfast tomorrow???? Aren't all the local people just the nicest folks down there!! Have a blast and take lots of pictures.
gailcatss
on 1/28/05 1:31 am - Eugene, OR
I'm day 8.. i think the key is the small sips so you don't bloat up with even more air!
Molly Mae
on 1/28/05 3:14 am - WA
Hey Tracy, The more the better! Sip all day continuously if you can. The water drips out of your pouch as fast as it enters. It just passes right through without sitting there getting backed up. Of course just don't guzzle, lol! I know you feel so fragile at that stage you are sipping carefully and steadily! Molly
Cheri Moran
on 1/28/05 6:19 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Tracy! Congratulations on reaching water day! It took me an hour and a half to drink 8 oz. on the first day I could have water. Of course, I was using a sippy cup so that kept me from getting much water at a time. I got six glasses down that first day so I was able to speed it up considerably after that first cup. After a couple of days I got tired of the sippy cup and just started sipping on my own. As long as you take small sips, I think you will be ok. I'd probably try to drink no more that 8 oz in a 30 minute period but that's just a rough esitmate. Water drains out of the pouch pretty quick but I do know that sometimes if I'm trying to finish off a bottle of Propel I'll drink faster and I can feel my pouch getting full. Enjoy your first meal! You will be so suprised at how little it takes to fill you up! Cheri
Red H.
on 1/28/05 12:14 pm - Lebanon, OR
Tracy, I think you can sip as much water as you want. It will just drip right thru. Your pouch will be healing for quite some time. I think it is swollen from the surgery. For some time, when something didn't want to go down, I new I was swollen. I was told that prior to all my meals, if possible, sip on Hot green or Mint tea. It will warm up your pouch and make it easier to eat. Ive done that for many months now and it works. Your pouch will let you know when you've had enough. Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views