1 Week PostOp from Dr Kelly Mexico

jchapman
on 1/22/05 9:41 am - HEWITT, tx
Returned from Mexico Monday with Dr. Kelly. Great Dr. !!!!! I have lost 11 lbs. I am still on liquids and shakes and jello. But, today I had a couple pieces of chicken and everything was fine. Do any of you ladies that have had rny in Mexico feel alone because our dr. is to far away and there is no way to go to the clinic just for a check up? I feel like this website is the only way for me to get the answers to any of my question. Julie
Jenny B.
on 1/22/05 10:04 am - Cary, Jamaica
Congratulations! And Welcome home! I am going to Mexico all by myself, and I am then going home to Jamaica, where there aren't doctors who do this procedure, so I understand your feeling! I have faith that things will work out fine, and that I will be able to educate my doctors in Jamaica to help me. I also intend to get a medical alert bracelet, which can help if I am in an emergency. I don't know yet what to put on the bracelet, but I'm going to go find out right now! Jenny Aceves; lap RNY; Feb 5, 2005
Cheri Moran
on 1/22/05 11:53 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Julie! Congratulations and welcome to the losing side! You might check with bariatric surgeons in your area and see if one will take you as a follow up patient. I have an excellent one in Wichita Falls doing my follow up even though I had my surgery in Ensenada, Mexico. BCBS pays my visits with him even though they wouldn't pay for my RNY. It is all in the coding. I have also found a support group in Abilene that has post ops from numerous surgeons. It is more difficult when you aren't able to see your surgeon because of the distance involved. I hope you will be able to locate support and I wish you the best on your weight loss journey! Cheri
Dinka Doo
on 1/22/05 2:02 pm - Medford, OR
Congratulations Julie! I think I felt more unnerved by not having a bariatric surgeon to follow up with initially, but got more comfortable as time went on. I made sure I had a doc of internal medicine who agreed to do follow up for me before I left, so I knew he would be on my side, which was nice. I don't feel alone otherwise - I do go to my support group all the time (in fact, recently started managing it locally), and really it becomes less about where you went and more about day to day living with the surgery and trying to make it more successful for ourselves. Local support groups are invaluable to have, so if you don't have one, I recommend seeking it out or seeing if you can start one up. Obesityhelp.com has a program they are doing where you can get help starting a local chapter. Dina
Candice E.
on 1/24/05 3:53 am - Lebanon, OR
Julie, keep in touch with all of us, we are with you everystep of the way. Your in my prayers, Candice
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views