OK Here's the SCOOP!!

Candice E.
on 1/20/05 5:14 am - Lebanon, OR
I have a freind who lives in Ensanada and he said he is gonna give us lots of helps. Always use the White cabs with the orange strips, Alot cheaper by a long Shot. Never use the the Yellow cabs, Extremely expensive... The mexican money is totally different from american money. 40.00 in there store, actually means 4.00 in american money. Take lots of $1 dollar bills, no body gives change back (cabs included) There are Verizon cell phone towers there, so you should have cellular service. Make sure you call your cellular service provider and add the mexico package for $10.00. Prices are never set in stone you can always wheel and deal. Hotels have Satelite dish Tv, so you can get english speaking TV. If you plan on buying medicine down there,I am gonna get my arthritis medicine down there, you need to ask for a list at the border, it will tell you what you can bring back. If it is not on the list you will be arrested if you try. No fruit , vegetables over border. I will let you know what else he sais, Candice
TracyW
on 1/20/05 5:35 am - Spring, TX
WOW thanks for all the info...
chunkable
on 1/20/05 5:46 am - federal way, wa
yes thank you so much candice... all good information.. Keep us posted.. Ask them also if they can give me some winning lotto numbers I could use it.. Cindy
GerrAnn
on 1/20/05 6:32 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Candice Will your friend take me shopping to get the best deals??? I love to barter with the people for the best price.. But who know's what that is??? Thanks for the wonderful info.. I will be driving down there so I hope I dont get run over... GerrAnn Feb.1st
GW
on 1/20/05 7:49 am - Weatherford, TX
Thanks Candice! I read somewhere there is a limit on the amount of souveniers you can bring back. Would you ask him if that is true? Are you getting excited? I am! Hope to meet up with you while I am there. I will be there March 3-12. I am staying in the apts. Genie
Dinka Doo
on 1/22/05 2:10 am - Medford, OR
I stayed at the Hotel Coral and most of the channels were in English. I had AT&T wireless and had cell service down there, but my friend who had US Cellular could not get service in that area - even after trying to set it up with her carrier prior. Mexico Mundial from MCI was the cheapest phone card I could find and it was good service. You can get one here: http://www.phonecardspin.com/phones/speedypin.com/detail1781.html?&product_id=MM10. It took me awhile to figure out how to dial out with it, but I finally got it. I can't remember specifically how now, but if you look in my blog linked from my profile you can go back and find it. I just took the yellow cabs they had available there at the Hotel Coral and the price was always $5 or $6....never more. I just went with whoever they called. My recommendation is to GET THE VANILLA! It is fabulous! My friend got several bottles for me at a couple bucks per pint. I have heard that if you get pharmeceuticals that they will be put in a black bag which tells border officials that you have been to the pharmacy. I don't know how true it is as I didn't bring anything back, but were I to do so, I wouldn't bother keeping their bag. Also, if you have current prescriptions, bring empty bottles and fill them for the trip back. That was a tip given to me by my counselor. Dina
Raised By Poodles
on 1/24/05 9:19 am - Olympia, WA
Thanks for the great information! I am driving to Hermosillo to have DS surgery with Dr. Ungson on Feb. 7th. I will be leaving here, Olympia Washington this coming Saturday! I might want to pickup some medications while in mexico and do understand the part about not being able to bring back certain types. What I really need to know is how do you actually buy them? Like say you go into a pharmacy...Are the medications on a shelf like here in the states or will I need to ask someone to get them for me? Are the names of medications there the same as here? Like I take Cytomel for thyroid. Will it be called Cytomel there or will it have a spanish name? I am also interested in knowing how much you can bring back Per Person, since there will be 4 of us going, before you have to pay customs? It's not like I will be spending a ton of money while there, but thought I would ask. I also plan on buying Vannilia and other extracts as well. I had to buy whole cloves the other day and was shocked a little tiny bottle was $8. Prolly less at a different store, but I didn't have time to shop around. Anyways, it occured to me that I would be able to get the "real" stuff while in mexico for a fraction of the price I pay for the "fake" stuff here. Another thing I plan on purchasing is some make-up! It's so expensive here and I for once would like to own something that didn't have the word "Wild" on the label. Not to say that particular brand is bad, its just cheaper than the good stuff. Plus I have always wanted to buy some of that lipstick that "lasts up to 8 hours" just to see if it does! Thanks for the info! Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views