I need info on Surgery, I...

Candice E.
on 1/5/05 5:36 am - Lebanon, OR
I need info on Surgery, I will be paying cash and want info Thanks, Candice
Sandy N.
on 1/5/05 9:49 am - GA
Candice, I had lap band surgery with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali last year and was very happy with the experience with him and his staff. He is an excellent surgeon with the best bedside manner, you will love him. His web site is www.mexicolapband.com I think you will be very happy with the way they work. I know they also do the Lap RNY but don't know much about their program or the surgery first hand for that matter. You can also visit his patient forum here and read what other patients have to say. Hope this helps. Sandy lap band -dr aceves
Cheri Moran
on 1/5/05 11:05 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Candice! I had surgery with Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada, Mexico on May 6. He is an excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend him. My web site is located at (www.)cherimoran.com and has a lot of information. I had to add ( ) to keep it from creating a link. It also has a link to Dr. Aguirre's patient forum. His patient forum is very active and we will be happy to answer any questions you might have. I wish you the very best as you do your research and make a decision. Cheri
Candice E.
on 1/6/05 2:39 am - Lebanon, OR
Hi Cheri, I went to your web sight and printed everything, that was wonderful, I emailed Rosella, I hope to here from her soon. Thanks you so much that was a big help. Candice
Ivonne B.
on 1/6/05 12:59 am - Washinton, WA
I am going to have surgery with Dr. Aceves on the 12th of this month!!!! I am so excited !!! I read wonderful things about him from his patients, I also spoke with one on the phone. You can also join a support group they have on yahoo, Nina can give you the address to join and ask them questions. The information I got helped me decide if this was the right surgeon for me. Maybe it helps you as well. Ivonne
Lena Kay
on 1/6/05 2:31 am - WA
I just got banded by Dr. Huacuz Guizar at the Molding Clinic in Tijuana last week. Everything went well and I feel fine. I'll be happy to e-mail you if you want the details. There are many good surgeons in Mexico! Leanna
gailcatss
on 1/7/05 2:58 pm - Eugene, OR
Hey there Candace... I can't figure out which I'm more excited about...moving to Oregon late this Spring or getting the lap band at the 20th of this month! I did a ton of research and chose Dr. Robert Rumbaut of Monterray, Mexico. He has a website also that's called gastricband.com It was either him or a surgeon in Italy because of their extensive training directly with the developers of the Lap Band. After my extensive research, I also liked the hospital better--and that's important as well as surgeons. The American dollar to EURO exchange is pretty bad right now, so that made the Mexico decision a bit easier. Each doctor here seems to have their own fans...and that is great. I think the US doctors have much LESS experience with the gastric banding procedure overall. The bypass method is what most of the insurance policies pay for..and that is where the US doctors make their money...so naturally that is the "surgery of choice". The City of Monterray is the most UPSCALE of all the cities in Mexico and that made a difference to me from a personal safety stand point. The concept of Tijuana or some of the other border towns just didn't appeal. Also I ran across--right at the beginning of my time here at ObesityHelp two people who had recent surgery by Dr. Rumbaut....and have spent lots of time talking/emailing with them. My discussions with both the doctor and his staff have been good as well. I am pretty satisfied and on my way to Mexico on the 18th. Dr. Rumbaut is also setting up a clinic in Houston early this Spring, so I think I will probably fly there for my first "fill" and post surgery check up. He has extensive contacts through out the US with other MD's and that should help me since I'm currently living in Florida and will be moving out your way soon. Best of Luck and feel free to email me after I get back from Monterray at month's end. We are staying a few extra days just to look around. There are 3 modern art galleries in that area and some Beautiful natural sights...so I want to take advantage of those as well! My surgery / fees etc are $10K -- then flying down there for 2 and probably hotel fees... I'm figuring with 2 people on about $12K total...unless I go crazy shopping! Gail
Candice E.
on 1/10/05 1:14 am - Lebanon, OR
Good luck with your surgery , let me know how it goes. Let me know when you get to Oregon I would love to meet you. Candice
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views