Belighter- Dr.Lopez Tiujana???

mooshiegirl
on 12/18/04 12:10 am - Richmond, VA
I am getting ready to make my deposit for surgery on Jan 14th and have freaked out. I want to know has anyone else used Belighter.com? I just want to make sure I will get my surgery and not have any hidden costs. I know people have complained about belighter's follow up care, but to be honest, right now all I care about is if I am going to get surgery and if I am going to get there and have them hand me an extra bill!!! Also, I can see tons of other doctors being spoken about here, has anyone had experience with Dr. Juan Lopez (Corvala) in Tiujana, and/or stayed in the hospital in Tiujana??? Thanks, this is pretty urgent!!!
ellen b
on 12/19/04 2:55 am - WI
If you are going for the lapband then I would suggest you find a group that has great after care. Belighter is NOT one I would recommend! I am not sure about aftercare with the RNY. Just my viewpoint. Ellen
Kathy L.
on 12/21/04 9:11 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
DO NOT GO THROUGH BELIGHTER. Would tell you more, but the last time I posted my expereinces with them, the proctor of the board removed my post. Just trust me on this one!!! Kathy
Sandy N.
on 12/22/04 3:39 am - GA
Usually the price they give you is the price you pay if there are no complications, I did not use belighter but have read a few negative posts here about it. You can look up past posts here. Just know that many of the doctor's promoters or assitants are wonderful and will give you the real deal. Just need to chose the correct one. This is why we are all here to try and help. I can recommend my surgeon which was Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexicali ( www.mexicolapband.com) I was very impressed with their set up and the staff was really nice and attentive. Good luck! Sandy
mooshiegirl
on 12/22/04 2:45 pm - Richmond, VA
An update by me. I went through with Belighter. Although I completely took into reguard this I have read from other members. I called Dr.Lopez's office directly and talked to the lady there who is in charge of scheduling and aftercare. She is not thrilled with Belighter but also does not have any problems with them. She did however, make it clear that she would help with any and all aftercare needs that I had if I felt they weren't being addressed otherwise. And in my case the price she had to offer me was the same as Belighter. So far I have had a great impression of Belighter and so I have put my faith in them. Has anyone had surgery with Dr.Lopez??
Jessica P.
on 12/30/04 7:34 am - Taylor, AZ
I had surgery with Dr. Lopez in november of 2004. I have been happy with Dr. Lopez and belighter. Christi has called me several times to check up and ask if i have any questions. She even helped me set up my appointment to have my fill. I also referred My freind who had surgery in December and she said that Christi accompanied the group of patients to Dr. Lopez office, and stayed in the hospital and hotel the entire time. She told me that Belighter even gave her a gift bag. I was a little dissapointed that I did not receive a gift bag, so i called belighter and was teasing Christi, and so she mailed me some spray vitamins. Dr. Lopez was really great. I was scared before i went in, i had the last minute jitters. Overall everything went well. I have lost 30 pounds! I would recomend using Dr. Lopez and belighter. Jessica Penner
mooshiegirl
on 1/17/05 11:35 pm - Richmond, VA
Well I am happy to report that I am back from surgery!! Everything went great. And ultimatly I am so happy I did choose to go with Belighter.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views