More Question on surgery with Dr Aguirre?

TracyW
on 12/15/04 10:52 pm - Spring, TX
OK Cindy you got this started and I'd like to add another Question. Some Surgeons like for you to go on all Liquids before the surgery, I assume because you will be all cleaned out. (OK here comes the Question) I have a hard enough time wiping my butt before the surgery, so I'm afraid of having a bowel movement after the Surgery and not being able to wipe. I'm sorry if this grosses you out, but honestly this is the only thing I'm worried about. Tracy RNY - 1/25/05
sue_f
on 12/16/04 12:21 am - Portland, OR
Dr. Aguirre says only to have a *light* meal the night before surgery with nothing after midnight. In my own experience, the surgery slowed my bowels enough that I did not have a bm for close to a week afterwards. By then, the surgical site was healed enough for *that kind* of bending. Hope this helps, Sue F
TracyW
on 12/16/04 12:34 am - Spring, TX
Thanks Makes me feel a little better...
SandiBeach
on 12/16/04 2:53 am - Northwest USA
I think he cleans out your entire intestional track before surgery ( but you are asleep ), you probable won't have a BM for days after surgery and should be able to move fairly freely. Hope this helps! No worries!
dakins
on 12/16/04 4:00 am - Statesboro, GA
Hello Tracy, I had a bm the third day after surgery. I bought an extention. Alot of people take a wooden spoon and you wrap the toilet paper around it. I also took moist wipes to help me out and I used them. Take care. Deb
chunkable
on 12/16/04 4:45 am - federal way, wa
Tracy your killing me lol. I had thought about this too because the original doctor I was going to have was going to make me drink this gawd awful stuff the day before surgery that apprently wouldn't let you leave the bathroom to clean out your bowels. I will email rosella and ask her what he does. I just spoke with her yesterday and asked her some questions too so hopefully will hear back today she's pretty fast. I have wondered the same thing. I thought the other day my luck it will happen when I first come out of the anasthesia lol... Can you believe it's the middle of december already. are you as excited as I am??? a little nervous but more excited than anything... how much is dr aguirre bypassing on you tracy?? do you know?? Cindy
Jody W.
on 12/16/04 5:40 am - Noble, OK
Tracy: Let me tell you....that is a very pertinent question. I had a very hard time with wiping for the first day, it's better today. If you are not taking someone you'd feel comfortable doing this for you, I'd suggest a wooden spoon that you could wrap some toilet paper around. It's really hard to bend forward or to the sides after surgery. Jody
TracyW
on 12/16/04 9:37 am - Spring, TX
Thanks everyone for posting, I was worried that I would upset someone by asking something like that.
Cheri Moran
on 12/16/04 12:10 pm - Big Spring, TX
I found a sponge on a handle at Wal-Mart that I was going to wrap tolliet tissue around to use. I didn't need it, so I still have the sponge. I've heard others use a back scratcher with tissue wraped around it and then of course there is the old standby - the wooden spoon. Cheri
GerrAnn
on 12/16/04 11:15 pm - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hi Tracy Your question gave me a good laugh.. Reminded me of when my son was 10 and he fell of the swings at school and broke both of his arms.. Well we didnt think much of the the problems that would come up.. Needless to say when it came to either me wiping him or him figuring it out... he made the right choice for both of us...lol Everybody have a good holiday season!! My daughter and I will see you in Mexico, Tracy. GerrAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views