Lap RNY in Mexico?

cswan
on 11/30/04 7:19 am - Whitethorn, CA
Hi All, I have read with interest all of your posts and wish to come out of the lurking mode and ask a question. I am intested in getting a Lapriscopic RNY and am researching having it done in Mexico. The reason I would prefer the RNY over a LAP Band is that I live in a very remote area and the closest surgeon that does any gastric bypass surgery is in San Francisco, over 300 miles away. Trying to get the fills done might be quite a chore up here, so a RNY is the method for me. Does anyone know of a surgeon in Mexico that does this, or do they only do LAP Bands? Thanks! Cheri Swan
Jackie S.
on 11/30/04 7:37 am - Fairview, OR
Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexicali does lap RNY. I have just scheduled my lap band surgery with him in January, but I know he does the lap RNY as well. His website is www.mexicolapband.com. Jackie S
cswan
on 11/30/04 7:47 am - Whitethorn, CA
Thanks so much for your reply Jackie. How do you like him and his staff? Cheri S.
Jackie S.
on 11/30/04 7:52 am - Fairview, OR
Well, so far we're very happy with them or, I should say, with Nina who is the patient coordinator. She's very good to talk with on the phone, very helpful. I have a friend who is going at the same time as I am who had some special medical concerns and felt very reassured after talking with Nina. They have an 800 number on the website, or you could email them with your questions/concerns. No obligation, I'm sure. Jackie
kly
on 11/30/04 9:21 am - Athens, GA
Hi Cheri, I am scheduled for Dec. 20th for Lap RNY with Dr. Aceves for $12,500 including everything except airfare for 7days. 5 days in hospital and 2 days in hotel. If you need any other info feel free to email me. Karen L.
cswan
on 11/30/04 9:33 am - Whitethorn, CA
Thanks so much for responding! Did you research other doctors in Mexico? There seem to be alot of Doctors in Mexico with great patient reviews here, and only one with some bad reviews. Right now I am just waiting for my insurance determination...I am right on the borderline for approval (5'6", 228 lbs, sleep apnea, GERD and hypertension, but if you look at me I just seemed "big boned" LOL ) and now that my husband sees how much work I have done over the last year, he said that if it was denied, maybe mexico was an option. Do you happen to have Dr. Aceves website or phone number? Thanks so much!! Cheri
cswan
on 11/30/04 9:37 am - Whitethorn, CA
I see he website on another post...I guess I should read all of the responses before I hit "send". Are you having someone go with you? My sister had her RNY in San Francisco about 22 months ago and I went with her to help her home. Cheri
Celia H.
on 12/5/04 1:14 am - Montgomery Co., MD
I had a lap rny with Dr. Roberto Rumbaut in Monterrey, on May 6th. I would go back there in a heartbeat, they were WONDERFUL. All inclusive, it was $13K. I am currently down 103 lbs. Feel free to pm me if you want to.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views