Hotel Posada El Rey Sol question

randall310
on 11/26/04 8:09 am - Ellisville, MO
Rosella has booked my room at the Hotel Posada El Rey Sol in Ensenada. She says that there is no Internet access in the room, the website for the hotel says they have broadband access. Does any one that has recently stayed there know for sure if Internet access is available in the rooms? Thanks, Randy
donna P.
on 11/26/04 9:25 am - summerville, sc
Randy, I stayed there last march and we did have access, they come to your room and set it up for you, I belive it was $5 a day unlimited. hope this helps, also call the hotel 1-800 number to double check!!! donna
Razzle D.
on 11/27/04 11:46 am - somewhere, TX
Randy, I am gonna be ther Dec 6th-15th when I booked my room recently the clerk said there is internet access. I hope so, because I am taking my laptop. let me know what you find out. I need to know whether it wireless or what so my hubby can tell me how to hook up my lap top. April
randall310
on 11/27/04 1:04 pm - Ellisville, MO
I emailed the hotel, her is the reply: Hi Sr. Randy, We have Broadband Internet Access in all the rooms, the only requierements is that the computer or laptop as an active network card, we charge $5.00 dollars per day with out restricctions. See you on the november 29th. Best Regards, Israel Rodríguez Front Desk Manager Now if I could only find a low priced calleing card from Mexico to the US. Randy
Tim H.
on 11/29/04 2:46 pm - Masaryktown, Fl
We bought a card here at wal mart but it was to call into mexico not out from mexico please do not make that mistake. The cards were not that expensive there. If you have your laptop it really should be easy to email out. Also if you have a laptop you can goto net2phone.com and look at their options. We use this in Bolivia and we call home cheap.. I think the mexico rate is like .08 that is 8 cents a minute. You would want a headset deal but they are like 10.00 ( it needs a plug for the mic and one for the speaker. If you use the external speakers you get some feedback from our experience. Also if you use net meeting you could use that. If I need plastic surgery and go back to mexico I will bring my laptop and my xbox and use xbox live for talking. But really it was not that bad and if I am not mistaken it was cheaper to call into mexico than out. So let your friends know to call you. Also call your cell provider. We didn't but we could have and for like 20 dollars we could have had unlimited calling while there. Also if you have nextel and so do others if you have the national PTT plan you can beep beep from mexico. I think we used about 15 dollars while there for phones. Tim
randall310
on 12/2/04 7:02 am - Ellisville, MO
I arrived at my hotel on Mondy. You give them your laptop so they can check the hostname and MAC address of the newtork card. (They do not use wireless, just good old ethernet CAT5.) When I got to my room the Internet did not work. I called them twice about 3 hours apart, they said they would check the server and call me back. I never got a call back. The next morning I checked before going to the Hospital, the Internet connection still was not working. I got out of the hospital and back to my room today and the connection was still down. The moved me to a new room and now everything is working great. The cost is $5 per day. Hope to say hello when you get here. I am in 311 and leaving on the 8th. Good luck, Randy
Cheri Moran
on 11/28/04 9:29 am - Big Spring, TX
Hi Randy! We ordered our calling card from noblecom.com before we went to Mexico. If you use the pay phones in Mexico, you will need to get a card after you arrive in Ensenada that gets the phone to work and then you can use your calling card. I wish you the best as you have your surgery. Dr. A is a great surgeon. Cheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views