Been lurking, but my date is coming up soon!

randall310
on 11/26/04 8:03 am - Ellisville, MO
I have not posted anything to the board, just kinda lurking. I'll be having open RNY with Dr. Alejandro Aguirre on November 30th. I've been trying for 5 years to get this done. My past 3 employers all provided health insurance that had obesity related treatment "contractually excluded." I finally decided to pay out of pocket. I look forward to the sugery, have no fear at all about the outcome based on all the positive reviews I have read on Dr. Aguirre. Wish me luck. If you are on the fence, I would urge you to take the plunge and "just do it!" I'll be glad to correspond with anyone wanting to ask question about the process and post op success. Cheers!
Happy Me
on 11/26/04 11:02 am
Welcome Randy! Way Cool! My husband and I will arrive on Nov 30th. I go under the knife on Dec 1st. We'll stop by and say howdy when we get there. I'm like you, no fear, just excited! Take care and see ya soooooonnnnn! Sue
randall310
on 11/26/04 11:42 am - Ellisville, MO
Where are you staying? Randy
Happy Me
on 11/26/04 12:56 pm
I sent you an email Randy. We will be at the Hotel Coral, Nov 30- Dec 6. Sue
sue_f
on 11/28/04 4:13 am - Portland, OR
I will be headed down there on the 2nd and having surgery on Friday, the 3rd. So we might run into each other! I will be staying in one of the apartments. I am nervous, but very excited! I have been having dreams lately about the surgery, and the surgery goes well every time. A good omen. Sue F.
jarrn03
on 11/26/04 1:38 pm - Lebanon, OR
Congrats! I am a 8 mo post op of Dr. A. Like you I had no fear, just peace! I was so comfortable with my decision and new it was the only answer to my madness. I have to say it has been the best damn thing I have ever done for myself. I would do it again in a heartbeat. No regrets at all. You are in awesome hands. Have a great trip! Julie
Sondra H.
on 11/26/04 2:12 pm - Dittmer, Mo
Welcome to Dr. A's patient group. I am from Dittmer, Mo. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me anytime. Congratulations on your decision on having this surgery, I will be praying for you. You could not ask for a better or more caring Dr. Good luck and God bless. Sondra.
Molly Mae
on 11/29/04 6:22 am - WA
Hey Randy and you two Sue's!!! Good luck to all of you and I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days. Don't forget to tell us all about it when you get home. I will be heading down on Dec. 15th. Molly
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views