HELP!!

uvdarr
on 11/24/04 3:26 am - Baytown, TX
I am considering lap band surgery, and for obvious reasons ($$$) have decieded to go to mexico. Does anyone recomend a Dr.? If so why?
Maria F.
on 11/24/04 7:05 am - San Diego, CA
Uvonna, You will get a lot of recommendations here, many of us have chosen a doctor outside the US to have surgery. If you are conisdering the lap band I can whole heartedly recommend DR. ALBERTO ACEVES, you will find that many of us have had surgery with him and simply think he is the best. He is really nice and his staff is superb, the price is attractive as well .This is why we all go elsewhere to begin with. I can't tell you enough good things about my experience with them, the hospital is clean and new and the attention I got is nothing like I have had here in the US. You can visit the patient forum in this site or go to www.mexicolapband.com this is his website. I know he does the lap gastric bypass too. good luck Mary
Bobbi G.
on 11/30/04 6:31 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi Uvonna~ I went to Dr. Roberto Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. I chose him because he has been doing lap band surgery since 1996, and has done more than 2,700 procedures. He trained with Dr. Favretti in Italy, who is considered the father of modern laproscopic banding and one of the world's leading bariatric surgeon. Dr. Rumbaut also has a lap band and is living proof of its success. The hospital he uses exceeds any I have seen in the USA. He makes hotel calls post-op, and he and his staff are attentive to every detail. I am five days post-op and back at work already, feeling FINE! Those are my reasons for using Dr. R. My flight connections were thru Dallas/Fort Worth. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or want more information. All the best! Bobbi
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views