LAP BAND

pinegrovenurse
on 11/3/04 3:59 am - HATTIESBURG, MS
ANY ONE WITH LAP BAND SUCCESS USING DR.ACEVES
Robbin
on 11/3/04 8:26 am - OK
Hi Linda. I'm still trying to make a decision also, but hear great things about Dr. Aceves. I know Sari is not totally happy with her surgery. She loves Dr. Aceves so I think she might be losing too slowly for her expectations. I see you are from Hattisburg. I love it there. We have family all over Mississippi and go through Hattisburg on our way to Florida.
Robbin
on 11/3/04 8:27 am - OK
oops, left the e out of Hattiesburg
Sandy N.
on 11/3/04 8:35 am - GA
Linda, I have 90lbs in 1 year! Pretty good I think. It is true what they say it comes off a little slower but hey I am happy as long as it keeps coming off!!! Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Maria E.
on 11/3/04 8:48 am - USA, XX
Linda, I have not had surgery yet with Dr. Aceves, I am going next month. I did join the support group they have and have been reading what his banded patients have to say. I recommend you read them, just today I read a couple of them that really inspired me. Some people are really getting small!!! I am so excited Maria E.
nasta
on 11/4/04 1:51 am - Lantana, FL
Hi Linda You already know how I feel about the band and Dr. Aceves. Hi Robin Yeah, you are right about my slowslowslow loosing, but it is my fault not the bands. I am at the stage where I have yet to have a fill and I stopped loosing. I am a exercise fanatic and try to eat right. Currently I am on junk mission and this is totally unlike me. I believe that I have jepordised my own loosing and it had noting to do with the band. I have had a period about every other week since the surgery and I believe that the blood thinners could have contributed to this. Well I do not know about you ladies, but my hormones seem to get the best of me, when I have a pms I crave junk so if I sound negative and *****y I probably am, this is just not typical for me so please forgive me. I love Dr. Aceves and I am one of those that did have a minor complication during surgery and I still think the experience and the band rocks. I also should be happy I lost 25 lbs. I am no longer morbitly obese, just plain obese. I lost initially quick but it has slowed and I am not eating as great as I should. I think Karyn Taylor is a great success story and you should ask her what she thinks of the band. Ask me again in a month and I am sure I feel less *****y
Jackie S.
on 11/4/04 6:34 am - Fairview, OR
I've been lurking on this webpage for a month or so but have yet to post here. I, too, am considering Dr. Aceves for the lapband - so I'm interested in what people say. I haven't actually conversed via email or phone with his office, but I think his website is very professional (as opposed to some that seem sort of too glam-glitzy). I hope to have the procedure done mid-January. Jackie S
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views