BEWARE: Blighter.com

Kathy L.
on 11/3/04 12:48 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Just wanted to let you all know that I recently had very bad experience with Belighter.com....to make a long story short, they get your deposit then don't want to have anything to do with you. They do not offer pre- or post-op support like they claim and they made my surgery in Mexico with Dr. Rumbaut much more chaotic than it ever had to be-they actually made the whole experience more stressful for me. I suggest that you go directly through Doralisa at Dr. Rumbaut's office to arrange your surgery--it will be a much better experience!! As an example, they did not call while I was in the hospital after surgery for support and they have not followed-up to contact me since I arrived home on 10/25/04. They almost never return phone calls, and if they do, it's usually several days later. I will not get into the long, drawn out details. They have very poor communication with you as a patient and as a staff. Anyone else experience difficulties in dealing with this company? Kathy
Therisa M.
on 11/4/04 7:25 am - Austin, TX
Hi Kathy, I totally agree with you!! I went through Belighter and the aftercare/ follow-up is non-existent. In addition at their recommendation, I scheduled my first fill with them. I checked with them three times on the date before booking my flight to Las Vegas. I was speaking to them the week before I was to arrive and the girl who was to provide the fill had made other arrangements and was not going to be available. She said that she would make arrangement for a med-student she knew to give me the fill and that he would give me a call. He never called and I was out of the dollars for the trip to Vegas. Even if he would have called I would not have let someone with little or no experience give me a fill. I am still floored by the fact that they even suggested it. Anyone contemplating surgery with Dr. Rumbaut should contact his office directly. Doralisa is wonderful and can make all the arrangements. She is very friendly and still responds to all my emails the same day. Therisa
Therisa M.
on 11/4/04 7:44 am - Austin, TX
To the sensors of this board - I was absolutely amazed that you pulled this from the other board. We come to this site to hear about other peoples' experiences (good and bad) so that we can make the best decision while investigating surgery options for ourselves. This is not bashing - just letting others know of our experiences. For those of us who paid out of pocket - it is extremely annoying when after the monies are paid that the providers do not follow through. It was also amazing after two months of not hearing from them that after I posted on the other side I received an email - chastising me ABOUT not being more supporting of BELIGHTER. To again apologize for not being there as scheduled for my fill. Not once did they offer to even reimburse me half of the monies I was out because they failed to follow through. Something about sending me some vitamins I never received. I am certain that I had I not posted I would never have heard from them again. Companies providing services should be responsive to their customers - BEFORE, DURING, and AFTERWARDS. Especially if that is what they advertise.
Andrea J.
on 11/9/04 8:31 am - Houston, TX
Thanks so much for the warning. I was considering Belighter but after seeing this and some other posts, I've changed my mind. Thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/04 3:01 am - Houston, TX
I was having a great experience with them and I haven't heard anything since the day they received my deposit. THe one thing that I think is important here is that we separate Dr. Rumbaut's professionalism from the staff at belighter. They are two totally separate organizations. As a matter of fact, I spoke with him directly about the subject and he doesn't like them at all. His organization has made the decision to work with them, not him personally. I agree....go with Doralisa!
Jessica P.
on 12/30/04 8:04 am - Taylor, AZ
I had a great experiance with belighter. Christi has called me several times to check on me and make sure i am okay. Jessica
mooshiegirl
on 1/11/05 2:45 pm - Richmond, VA
I so don't want to be the voice of contraversy, but I feel it is only fair to offer all opinions and not just one sided ones. I will never question another person's experiences, I can only offer mine. Maybe even some good changes have occered with Belighter.com because of negative feedback/criticisms have been made. I have had someone calling me up until the day that I finally picked a surgical date. At that time, I was emailed information (although sometimes I had to ask for it). My calls have been followed up on in a very timely manner. My emails have been responded to within 2-3 days. They have sent me the names and numbers of the nearest doctors that they knew would fill for mexican band-recipients. And as I said in another post--they even put up with my mother calling them a hundred times asking them even the silliest of questions. I will have surgery this Friday Jan 14th and we will see how they do afterwards. Three of the staff will be on this trip with me (there is a group of about 10 patients with me too). Again, I can only offer my opinion of them up until this point but they have definitly exceeded my expectations. -Yasie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views