Return to Mexico for Lapband fills?

Lena Kay
on 11/2/04 1:14 pm - WA
I've heard that it's better to return to my surgeon in Mexico for Lapband fills, because they can use 2 cc instead of .5 cc. Does anyone know if this is true? Opinions?
nasta
on 11/2/04 11:08 pm - Lantana, FL
I do not know the answer. I am going for my first fill next week, but I believe people are getting larger first fills in the states than .5 cc. Maybe you should post this on the main lapband boar and get feedback from others whom already have been filled. ttfn Sari
ellen b
on 11/3/04 1:52 am - WI
Dr Rumbaut himself told me this about him doing 2cc and the state doctors doing .5 cc .....two weeks ago........and I have no reason to doubt him since he does not charge for the fills when he does them.....all you pay for is the hospital radiology charge. And being an xray tech myself trust me ( the hospital always charges for their fluoro use.) And I feel more comfortable with him doing it since he knows exactly where he put the port and he does use fluoro to do the fill. I am going back the 1st of December for my 1st fill with confidence that he knows exactly what he is doing.....unlike some of the ones doing fills here in the US. And besides, have you seen how small the port is? Very small.
Sandy N.
on 11/3/04 8:38 am - GA
Leanna, This is not true for all doctor that do fills in the US. My 1st fill I went back to Dr. Aceves and the 2nd fill I had done in the US. I got more than .5 cc, I guess it depends on where you go. Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views