DR.ACEVES

pinegrovenurse
on 11/2/04 6:18 am - HATTIESBURG, MS
I AM TALKING TO HIM ABOUT THE SURGERY.ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHICH ONE TO HAVE AND YOUR OUTCOME?
nasta
on 11/2/04 10:26 pm - Lantana, FL
Hi Linda I had Lap-Band done with Dr. Aceves and sometimes I regrett that I did not have the RNY instead, but I never regrett having Dr. Aceves do the surgery. He is everyting everyone tells you he is. Totally amazing doctor. Now he is a very skilled lap surgeon, so whether he does the RNY or band, he actually knows what he is doing. Do not get me wrong regarding the lap-band vs RNY. I am right now very frustrated, since I need to fly to mexicali for a fill, and it is so far, and had I done the RNY I would not need to go there. I do not think I am working my tool to the best of my abilities and therefore I am unhappy with it, ( I actually know this). I guess I am so worried right now that I am one of those that the "tool" will fail. I still know that there are so many risks with the RNY that I still felt more comortable in choosing the band. I do not have the answer for you. The best surgery for you is one that you choose yourself. There is many more complications in the RNY than lap-band,et you loose the weight much more rappidly. I am just a unhappy soul at the moment since I am batteling the "'pre-restriciton tango" Reseach reaseach and reseach until YOU are comfortable with whatever decision you make. ttfn Sari ((((((hugs)))))
Sandy N.
on 11/3/04 8:31 am - GA
Linda, I had the Lap band surgery with doctor Aceves last year. I am happy with my results. I have lost 90 lbs in 1 year and have felt great. You do need the fills, that is the advantage of the lap band, the adjustability. I decided on the lap band because of the fewer risks involved, the recovery time and the idea of having my insides rearranged was not appealing to me, the lap band is reversible. I can tell you that Dr. Aceves is an amazing doctor. you wil be very happy with him as your surgeon. No regrets at all! Good Luck! Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views