Dr Rumbaut is fantastic! 10/21/04 lapband newbie!

ellen b
on 10/27/04 5:54 am - WI
I just wanted to say hi to everyone........last week I went to Monterrey and had lapband surgery with Dr Rumbaut and his assistant (sorry, cant remember the name, but extremely nice guy!) He and his coworkers were everything that I had read about them.....wonderful! I plan to get a fill with him around the 1st of December. He said he will do a fill up to 2 cc if I remember correctly, the doctors in the US will only do .5 cc at the most on one fill. And after going back repeatly to doctors in the US to get the 2cc that will pay for my airfare back to Monterrey. right? I would recommend anyone looking into this surgery to check him out.....you wont be sorry. As for how I am doing! Great! His assistant said after 5 days you wont even feel like you had surgery and he was right! But boy are the 1st few days uncomfortable and that is only from the excess gas in the abdomen.(never had the pain in the shoulder area, just under the left lung area.) As soon as that was gone I was fine. And sleeping on my side after 3 days too! YES!! Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!
Sandy N.
on 10/27/04 12:39 pm - GA
Ellen, Congratulations on your band!! I know what you mean about great doctors, I am totally happy with mine as well. Welcome to the losing side!!! Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Bobbi G.
on 10/29/04 9:25 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi Ellen~ I'm new to this board--am usually on the lap band board. Thanks so much for this post. Dr. Rumbaut is doing my surgery on November 25 (the USA's Day of Gluttony--Thanksgiving)--figured I'd try to start these new eating habits right away May I ask if you were entubated during the operation? And what kind of pain meds do you get post-op? (I'm allergic to some) Any other suggestions would be most welcome--thanks! Bobbi
jellyopal
on 10/29/04 2:07 pm - Central, SC
yes he is great, congratulations! i went back for my fills too, it is cheaper and he gave me 2.5cc. he said thats the most he would do on a first fill. anyway, i should go back for another but ran out of money. ive lost almost 50lbs in 6 months. technically i think i should be tighter but-its working! have a great day, diane.
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/04 2:22 pm - Houston, TX
Email me all the details! I'm so excited to meet another of Dr. Rumbaut's patients. I have surgery scheduled for 11/19 and I can't wait. I'd love to keep in touch with you! Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views