Hi to all. I'm new to the South of the Border Forum, but I've got a date!

Jody W.
on 10/24/04 8:16 am - Noble, OK
My husband and I will be heading to Ensenada on the 13th of December for my surgery on the 14th. We are self-pay and financed a portion of the costs. I'm still in shock that this is happening so fast, but I liken this experience to bungy-jumping. If you have too long to think about it, you're more likely to back out. I'm still struggling with thoughts like: I shouldn't be spending this much money on myself; and, I should just try one more time to lose this weight on a diet (this would be around the 400th diet I've tried.) I know all the arguments for doing this, and I REALLY want to do it. But I'm still struggling with fear and guilt. Maybe that will all be gone when I can see my feet for the first time in 20 years! Dr. Aguirre's daughter, Rosella, has been wonderful, even though I'm sure I've made a pest of myself. Dr. Aguirre just let me know that he could do the surgery even though I have a hiatal hernia, and that's so exciting to me. I'd love a little encouragement right about now. And I need your prayers as I have just been hired (last week) for a new job as an administrative RN, and I start tomorrow. I have to go in and tell my new boss that I'm taking a few weeks off in December, (over Christmas no less), and I'm not too sure I'll still have the job by the end of the day. How did the rest of you handle the fear of death, and/or the huge change in lifestyle coming at you? I'd love to hear from you all. And thanks for your previous posts which helped me make this decision in the first place. Jody (a misplaced Mainer in Oklahoma.)
mary R.
on 10/24/04 8:25 am - Shady Side, md
Hi Jody! Welcome to this board, you will notice it's very slow! I actually check it everyday and try to comment if it applies. I want to commend you for taking the plunge,making the date! I on the other hand keep rethinking this whole thing. I have read everything about the Dr. you picked he sounds wonderful,you will be in great hands! I think he is who I would choose but I am nervous about the costs and never being able to turn to food( my addiction) again. It sounded like your husband is also doing the surgery,is that right? You guys will be able to keep each other in line thats good! Anyways just wanted to wish you good luck! Mary
Robbin
on 10/24/04 11:39 am - OK
Hi Jody, Welcome to the board. I will certainly be praying for you and I will email you soon. I live in Edmond so we will have to meet. Robbin
Tomeka J.
on 10/25/04 2:29 am - Detroit, MI
My prayers are with you. Please keep a journal, this is like a new birthday for you. I'm still postop and waiting until I get the cash. Tomeka
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views