Surgery in Mexico

Becki D.
on 11/8/04 1:23 am - Wimberley, TX
Hi Autumn, I was just banded in Acuna MX by Dr. Jose Rodriguez. OMG! It was the most incredible surgical experience I've ever had. And I have had my share of surgeries..from babies to automobile accident surgeries to hip replacement. The kindness, the gentleness, and the not-in -a-hurry attitude is such a welcome difference than the hurry-up-take-a- number-get-in -line mentality of the hospitals and staff in the states. Although the hospital in Acuna is very small and quaint. They had all the necessary equip to take care of me. Dr. Jose Rodriguez had done litterally thousands of LapBand surgeries, yet he made me feel like I was his special patient. He even said I had a beautiful liver!! Ha. When I was looking for surgeons I was most certain I wanted one that had performed many LapBands. I needed to be self-pay and I wanted one that was close to me. I live in San Antonio. Dr. Rod is 3 hours from SA and his coordinator, Barbara, is in SA. She is a special lady and I think she should be nominated for sainthood. She, too , is a lapband patient of Dr. Rod's. His prices were the least expensive of the other surgeons I had researched, which made it very attractive, too. However, I was not going on price alone. And neither should you. Do your research and find the Dr. that suits you best. As an aside.........my parents have been retired in MX for 11 years and my mom has always had the BEST care while in MX. So, I was already aware of the kindness extended to patients in MX. Tell your husband to do some of the research himself or print off emails and messages from people who have been to MX for surgery so he can read them. (Some of the best plastic surgeons are in MX too. ) Tell him that one of the reasons MX Dr.s don't have to charge so much is because they are not constantly slapped with frivolous lawsuits and hit with malpractice insurance. I hope you can do this for yourself..............you will not be sorry. The best thing I have ever done for myself and my family is have this surgery. One more thing..............having had my surgery in MX.even if my insurance would pay.................I'd go back to Dr. Jose Rodriguez in a flash!!! Remember, there are 2 Dr. Rodriguezes in MX. I used Dr. Jose Rodriguez in Acuna MX. I think the other one does good work, too, I just didn't want to go as far as Monterrey when Dr. Jose was so much closer to SA. Hope the best for you and please stay in touch. If you want more info on Dr. Jose Rodriguez.....his website is joseband.com. He also has a message board of patients who have been banded by him.. I found both sites extremely helpful. Becki 11/05/04 Dr. Jose Rodriguez-Acuna MX
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views