mexico scams?

Tracy B.
on 10/16/04 9:58 am - Cortlandt Manor, NY
anyone ever heard of there being scams for wls? I am scheduled to go November 11 to Dr. Aceves and I feel very comfortable, but my family is very hesitant. any suggestions? Thanks
Kellie N.
on 10/16/04 8:21 pm - Brockton, MA
Hi Tracy, I've never heard of scams for wls. I am going to be banded by Dr. Aceves this week. I've heard great things about him. I am comfortable with the idea of having it done in Mexico. My family on the other hand act like it's a death wish. They are horrified and angry that I'm doing it. Especially my husband. But I'm just trying to do what's right for me. Good Luck. Kellie
Tracy B.
on 10/16/04 9:26 pm - Cortlandt Manor, NY
hey Kellie, good luck with you surgery. I hope everything goes well. My husband is not reallly the problem he is so squimish(sp) you should have seen him in the delivery room. Its everyone else. they think I am being impulsive, just because I have just told them. I have been looking into this for awhile. Oh well they are just going to have to deal. Good luck again thanks Tracy
Robbin
on 10/17/04 12:02 am - OK
Tracy, I emailed Dr. Aceves and asked about his mortality rate and asked for an honest answer explaining my 5 kids and the grief they would encounter if something happened to me. Nina wrote back within 6 hours and said they were happy to report he has never had a patient die in the hospital during or after surgery. Nor has he ever lost a patient after leaving the hospital from complications from the surgery. I hope and pray they are being honest because I'm leaning towards Dr. Aceves. Robbin
nasta
on 10/17/04 1:56 am - Lantana, FL
Hi everyone I am not totally objective, since I am a patient of Dr. Aceves but all of you would make a wise decision on choosing him. There has been talk of mexican doctors scams in the yahoo banster group and they are basically a bait and switch. There are other bands besides the lmnamed's lapband and the others cost less. Also lnamed has stopped selling the lap band to some of the mexiacan doctors because they tell the patient that they atre getting the lap-band but end with something else. Some of the patients did not find out until after returning home and being seen by another doctor did they find out that they did not have the lap band. Now lap band is not necessary the best one, it is currently the only one approved by FDA and it appears that it is the most expensive one for the doctors to obtain. In some cases it is better to go with another band than the lap band so this should be talked with your doctor. But we should all know about this. Dr. Aceves did show me the sealed box with the lap-band that was to be used on me, after the surgery I received a card and product info with the serial number of the lap-band. Not getting a serial number would be a tell tale sign of a bait and switch, according to the bandster forum. I still believe that having surgery in mexico, regardless which doctor can be scary, researching the doctor and making informative decision is the best way to go. Not one day do I regrett having Dr. Aceves be my surgeon, he is my hero. Good luck with reaching your decisions. ttfn Sari
christa
on 10/28/04 5:02 am - Buffalo, WY
Hello Tracy, I just got back from Dr. Aceves, I had surgery on the 18th. Everything went fine. I was up and walking within 30 mins of getting back to my room. No trouble at all. I really enjoyed my stay there and they take great care of you. If you have any questions please e-mail me. You are making the right choice by going with Dr. Aceves. Christa
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views