The long, frustrating story of Robin H.

StellaNut
on 10/17/04 2:15 am - Auburn, WA
Hi Sandi, I had already paid the surgeon and assistant surgeon their fees. The gallbladder surgery had been approved by my insurance, Regence BlueShield. Very good idea that I hadn't thought of is getting the hospital's "pay per procedure" policy in writing. This I can do. I have no problems causing waves... This just happened last Thursday and it just knocked the wind out of me. I'm just getting back on my feet and pulling up my big girl panties! Thanks for a plan of action. Robin
Danielle H.
on 10/17/04 5:44 am - Everett, WA
Robin: Just read your posts - that really sucks!!! I live in Lake Stevens/Everett area. My insurance won't cover my WLS surgery, so I did some research on Mexico (actually did a TON of research cause my Detective husband is VERY skeptical!!!). I hope you follow through on the Attorney General thing - what they are attempting to do with the "pay per procedure" is just plain wrong. I got a loan, was approved for enough money to have WLS done here, but discovered during my research that some of the Doc's in Mexico have been doing the Lap Band procedure for quite a bit longer than their American counter-parts. The doctor I chose is a procter for Inamed, a member of the American Bariatric Assoc. and has actually trained some of the doctor's in the US on this very laproscopic procedure. I was leaning towards Dr. Rumbaut as well. I ended up going with a Dr. in Tijuana who I believe to be just as experienced as Rumbaut - and the airfare is half as much to boot. My mom & sister are going with me (I think they're going to party too!) for support. Best of luck on your jouney - whether you make it happen here, or south of the border! Danielle
LauraSlidell
on 10/20/04 7:24 am - Gallatin, TN
Robin, Dr. Kuri is one you might want to check out. He has a board on Yahoo for patients and potential patients and a fairly good number of Sea-Tac patients (one was banded the same weekend as me and I've kept in touch with her). He's a wonderful experienced doctor, the price is reasonable and the care is exceptional. His site is www.beliteweight.com - I don't work for him, I'm not a patient coordinator but I do have a testimonial on the site and I am a very satisfied customer. Laura 12/5/03 316/220/160
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views