? about hospital stay/ensendad

Razzle D.
on 10/12/04 2:11 am - somewhere, TX
While I am in the hospital can my mom and aunt stay with me? Or atleast one of them? We are trying to book our hotel and dont know how many days. Thanks for you help. Oh and on the list of what to take, what type of gauze do we need, a gauze pad or the type you wrap with? April
Eileen D.
on 10/12/04 4:45 pm - Wenatchee, WA
I had my surgery 2 months ago and one of my friends stayed with me in my room overnight both nights that I was in the hospital. There was a very large comfortable recliner in the room, but I don't think that 2 people would fit, as the rooms are small, yet adequate. I took a box of sterile surgical pads, some sterle 4 X 4's, and 1" clear tape. The nurses send a few pads, a few 4 X 4's, some iodine, some sterile water, and a little tape with you when you leave the hospital, but they only last a couple of days. I chose to have nurse care at the apartments for 2 days afterwards, which was wonderful. That's when I learned how to do my wound care (because I was too dopey in the hospital). But if you have your aunt and mom watch, they can do it for you. I wish you the best, April! You will have wonderful care! Blessings!
Tim H.
on 10/20/04 9:16 am - Masaryktown, Fl
We stayed at the hotel cortez. We got the junior suite which had a fridge and it was nice to have the extra space in the room plus then I could be awake watching TV while my wife slept. The hospital was very cool about my wife being there. I will tell you this though there is no huge need for it. The nurses there treat you like family and take excellent care. I wold ask Rosella about any questions. One of the best things for me was that they let my wife help me in the shower the day after surgery. It was great not having to have a stranger wash me. I was very thankful. Also now that I think of it we stayed in a regular room until I was released then got the junior suite. We arrived on monday I had surgery on Tuesday and in the hotel thursday. We left out on Monday AM. We brought a hot pot to boil water in and made grits. Also we made Sugar free jello from the water. It was the best. My biggest suggestion is to go to the Gigante look on the bread asile for Pan Toastada before your surgery. It will cost about a dollar and you will never eat the whole loaf. But for me it really calmed down my stomach. I never felt terrible (other than the night after surgery) but my tummy would get a little stress little queasy and a half a slice of that for a meal would calm me down. I would also pack a few slices for the plane. We also brought some tape and stuff but didn't need it. I would have it just incase. The funniest thing was the number of Pharmacys there. We went to one for the sublingual pain med and we were told they were special order and like $50.00. We said we thought that was incorrect so we left and went to another store. The guy said here you go and they were $14.00 and right there. We also bought 100 capsules of amoxicilin for $17.00. No Scripts needed. My biggest advice is walk early walk often but don't over do it. By Saturday I was ready to go shopping. We walked too much and while I didn't have any problems I look back and should have taken a taxi back to the hotel. any way I had a fever and was worried so I called Dr Aguirre (on a saturday) He was out of the city and said since my temp was low he wasn't to concerned and that he would come by as soon as he got into town. Well about 2 hours later ( I was expecting 5 or 6) he stopped by checkd me out and said did you go for a long walk today? I said yes and he said He thought I over did it and said if the fever didn't go away by the AM to call or if I got worse. Well I was fine by the next day. One last thing. Before you leave buy some Sugar free popcicles and have them ready for your return.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views