pros and cons

Robbin
on 10/10/04 11:41 am - OK
Jody, I think it would be very interesting, if you'd like to send it. I'm feeling a little more encouraged about surgery. Self pay I guess but better than not having it. I hope about Feb
nasta
on 10/11/04 12:10 am - Lantana, FL
Hi Mary I like many others opted for mexico because the cost. I was so lucky that I choose Dr. Aceves (www.mexicolapband.com) for my surgeon. I had a complication that had it happened with a less skilled surgeon, I may have lost my band. Dr. Aceves is fabulous and the surgey is performed in a small private hospital not in a clinic and you stay in the hospital under 24 hr care until you go home, not in a hotel room. I also think that a seriously positive factor was the staff at the hospital, they all had such a gentle touch and great bedside manners. Only thing negative was that I had choosen to go by myself and I felt a little lonely, If I could do it over I would drag someone with me. ttfn Sari
q E.
on 10/13/04 12:36 am - e, e
DO NOT DRIVE THERE!!! LOL. I JUST CAME HOME FROM THERE HAD SURGERY ON THE 6TH AND WE DROVE TO MEXICO/TEXAS FROM FLORIDA. WE ACCIDENTLY WENT OVER THE BORDER WITHOUT PERMISSON AND IT WAS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!! WAS IN MEXICO OVER AN HOUR TRYING TO GET BACK TO WHERE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE TO GET PERMITS. WE HAD SOME LIL OLE MEXICAN GUY JUMP IN THE BACK OF OUR TRUCK THE BORDER GUY TOLD HIM TO AND POINT US TO WHERE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO. HE HAD US DROP HIM OFF IN A DARK AREA AND HE HAD ONLY BEEN HELPING US MAYBE 5 MIN WE GAVE HIM $5.00 AND HE DIDNT WANT $5.00 HE WANTED $20.00 AND WOULDNT LET GO OF THE WINDOW AND TOLD US HE WAS THE POLICE MY HUSBAND KEPT MOVING AND HE KEPT HANGING ON TILL HE GOT PUSHED OFF. IF I WAS A RICH PERSON I WOULDNT MINDED GIVING HIM 20 BUT SHOOT WHEN WE FINALLY GOT HOME WE HAD 100$ IN OUR WALLET. WE PARKED OUR TRUCK AT THE LAREDO AIRPORT AND HAD A TAXI TAKE US TO THE BUS STATION AND TOOK THE BUS ON TO MONTERREY. TO ME THEY DRIVE LIKE CRAZY PEOPLE OVER THERE LIKE A DIFFERENT PLANET LOL. IM JUST NOT USE TO ALL THE PEOPLE AND TRAFFIC AND THE ROADS ARE EVERY WHICHAWAY BUMPER TO BUMPER AND THEY DRIVE SOOO FAST OMG! IF I WAS A MEXICAN ID HAVE TO MOVE TO THE UNITED STATES FOR SURE LOL. WHEN WE FINALLY DID MAKE IT BACK ACROSS THE BORDER WE HAD TO EXPLANE TO THE BORDER MAN WHY WE WERE IN MEXICO OVER AN HOUR. HE WASNT HAPPY I JUST KNEW WE WERE GOING TO JAIL AND THE TRUCK ISNT EVEN OURS ITS OUR 19 YR OLD DAUGHTERS WHICH SHE IS STILL PAYING FOR. THEY COULD HAVE TAKEN IT. OTHER THAN THAT THE LOUSIANNA HIGHWAY SUCKS!!! SOOOO BUMPY. BUT AS FAR AS THE PEOPLE IN MEXICO WE FOUND THEM EVEN THOUGH WE DIDNT UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER AND THE ONES WHO DID EVEN A LITTLE BIT WERE SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE WE EVER MET. AND VERY HELPFUL.
mary R.
on 10/13/04 5:29 am - Shady Side, md
Wow Pam! What a crazy story! I live in MD so was planning to fly in but my goodness it sounds like you all had a true adventure! How was your surgery? Which Dr. did you pick? My family is very concerned about me going there but I am not about to pay some American Doctor over 20k! Thanks for your story I hope you are doing well!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 431 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views