Looking for Reviews of Dr. Jose Rodriguez Good and bad

peakaboo
on 10/5/04 3:53 pm - TULSA, OK
q E.
on 10/13/04 12:44 am - e, e
I WOULD TELL YOU AS STRONGLY AS IF YOU ARE MY FLESH AND BLOOD SISTER DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!! WHAT I KNOW FROM MYSELF CHECKING HIM OUT IS HE IS ONE OF THE CHEAPEST AND THERES A REASON FOR THAT. I LEARNED HE DOSENT EVEN WEIGH YOU AND BASICLY DOSE IT IN HIS OFFICE. YOU TRULEY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IN SURGENS IN MEXICO. I BEGG YOU NOT TO USE HIM!!!! THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINON AND HE WAS QUOTED AT 6500 WELL THE BETTER SURGENS WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF GOOD REMARKS ARE ONLY 2-3500 MORE AND WELL WORTH THE EXTRA. I CANT STRESS ENOUGH TO YOU I WOULDNT USE HIM EVEN IF IT WAS FREE.
Becki D.
on 10/15/04 6:08 am - Wimberley, TX
I have lurked on this site for some time, now. I really gain a lot of information from many of the message boards. But after reading this post I HAD to respond..... To Pam: THIS IS YOUR OPINION..............BASED ON WHAT? Good Grief , how can you spread such horrible rumors about Dr. Rodriguez in such a blatant way? I have researched every message board, talked to many of his patients face to face, been to Acuna, MX to meet him personally, and I have NEVER and I stress NEVER heard one single bit of negativity about him, his facility or his sugical ability. Only the BEST reviews of him! Now,evidently, you have never been there, talked with him, or had any contact with him whatsoever! So, my question in...........what is your opinion based on? Do some homework, research, whatever before you go around trying to defame someone. By the way, how much research did you do on your own Dr., the facility, and most of all the trip from Fl to Texas? Looks to me you went at it blind. (You were very fortunate to have had an excellent surgeon with great credentials.) However, anyone knows you can't just slip across ANY border especially the MX border!!! I'm surprised the Mexicans didn't haul you in immediately....especially if you portrayed the attitude you have shown on this forum!!! I have researched many MX Dr's for my surgery......I have narrowed my search down to Dr. Rumbaut and Dr. Rodriguez. They are both great surgeons...... Money, of course, does play a big part in my decision, otherwise I wouldn't be going to MX. But there is not a great deal of difference in the two Dr's prices. Here are some of the reasons for the difference in the two Dr's charges. Dr. Rod's facility is much smaller and in a much, much smaller city. (Monterrey is the 3rd largest city in MX.) Acuna is 100 times smaller. Therefore, the costs in Acuna are not as high. Also, Dr. Rumbaut provides a year's worth of fills for free. I am choosing Dr. Rod because of his credentials, his manner, and his undying, unselfish need to help obese people, and his proximity to where I live. (Again, I've done my research on all of this.....) To bring this topic to a close ,I will also tell you that Dr. Rod is extremely qualified in his field........heck he even trained in the US and has trained some of the US surgeons in the Lap Band procedure.........(once again, research has made this all evident to me.) So, I think were fortunate to have "won" your procedure and did not have to pay out of pocket...........but for those of us who must and have had to jump through a few hoops to get the money and have done EXTENSIVE RESEARCH in order to get the best care we can....please don't send negative thoughts through this forum or any other. If you can add one bit of validity to your erroneous statements, THEN ,please speak up......that's what these forums are for. If not, then pull up your big girl panties and try to lead a full, productive life with your new band!!! By the way, unless I missed something.........how is your progress with your band? That is really what we all want to hear. The progress people make with their new life, their life changes, their success stories ,how they deal with the band, their emotions,the ups and downs with the band etc. etc, etc. BD
Therisa M.
on 10/14/04 6:42 am - Austin, TX
Hi Aimee, You might want to post your question to the following group to get a more informed review of Dr. Rodriquez. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dr-Rodriguez-bandsters/ I have been to see Dr. Rodriquez for fills twice and have had the pleasure of meeting several of his patients. All of them seem very happy with their procedures. One of the girls had even flown in from Ohio to get her fill done. I also met one of his patients the day after surgery in the hospital and she seemed happy and very well taken care of. His office is located on the second floor of the Acuna Hospital, which is not a very large facility. There are only two floors. Having been to his office, I can assure you the only procedures done in his office are the fills. As for the cost, which I believe is currently $7,000 - I believe it can be attributed to the small size of the facility NOT the quality of work. As for Pams' comments, I was pretty surprise to see them. I know that she won the cost of her procedure through BELIGHTER.COM in April of this year and am curious as to when she ever visited the facilities. Based on her previous postings she does not fly and be cause of cost/distance I just don't see her driving all the way from FL to check out the facilities. I am wondering what the basis of her objections to Dr. Rodriquez are. Having said all that, I had the lapband procedure with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey. Therisa
q E.
on 10/15/04 9:05 am - e, e
Amiee asked for opinons good AND bad. Apparently there are 2 surgens same names. I got my opinon from reading HIS website not from what others have told me. We are here to help others not bicker. I unfourtantly cant be traveling to check out facilities and had only websites to look at and peoples opinons to form my own on about dr rumbaut. But i told myself once I arrived in Monterrey if things didnt look good to me i was going home. Like I said I have found out there are 2 surgens same names. no harm intended sorry if i offended anyone but that was my opinon the dr r i was refering to i would NOT reccomend based on the drs own website.
Therisa M.
on 10/15/04 10:47 pm - Austin, TX
Pam, Aimee did ask for both good and bad opinions, but I agree with Becki. This is not bickering, this is ensuring that Aimee gets the best information possible and is not left with the wrong impression about a good doctor. Next time rather than making it sound like you have had some personal dealings/experience with the doctor that you have never met point the person to the internet address/website where you saw the negative comments. In this case the doctors' website that you referred to. That way they can read the comments first hand and get specifics from the person who had the experience. That was the reason I pointed Aimee to a bandsters site founded by Dr. Rodridquezs' patients. These are the people who have had the surgery with him and have firsthand knowledge. This is but one of many venues that Aimee has to select from while she continues to do her research. I am sure that if anyone ever wanted to know about Dr. Rumbaut you would be an excellent source of reference, about him, as well as, the hospital and logistics of going to Monterrey. Therisa
MS.LISA
on 7/3/14 4:51 pm - Salem, OR

first off I would like to say is that Dr Rodriguez over in Tijuana and he has another hospital in Mexico over by Texas I went to him for a sleep and 4 years ago and it turned out just fine I had the best care there ever it was an awesome experience so I'm not sure which Rodrigues you're talking about but I had this Dr Rodriguez was truly very well and he also has work in the u.s

juliepresler
on 7/10/16 8:20 pm

Hi Lisa,

I just read your post about your experience with Dr Jose Rodriguez. I'm curious to know which procedure you had done back in 2014 and how are you doing now?? I'm thinking of having a Gastric Bypass by Dr Rodriguez in Juarez Mexico in October 2016 and would love to hear how your doing in the long term. :) i'm from Bend Oregon

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views