I got a date!!

Razzle D.
on 10/4/04 3:35 pm - somewhere, TX
Hi Guys, I just wanted to let you know I finally got a date. December 7th is when I will be under the knife with Dr A. I am soooo excited and just cannot wait! 64 days and counting, I already pulled out my suitcase so I can throw stuff in as I buy it!! Woo hoo...I can't wait to be a loser!!! And I have already talked to my supervisor and she gave me my FMLA papers to send out and she said she is behind me 110% I was worried she would say no since it is over the holidays, and the holidays are huge for us nurses in the hospital. But nope she is all for it!! Thank God!! Unfortunately the apartments are booked, I was kinda bummed, bc I wanted to be as close to Dr Aguirre as possible. I would love to have some feed back on which hotel to stay at, which one has more ammenities etc..Please if you have time let me know. Also who is gonna be there around Dec 6th, I would love to get to meet you. Thanks for all your support and informaion. April PS. for those of you that had to fill out FMLA papers, how did you get them to Dr A. I dont know if I should fax or scan them and email them. Please let me know what worked best for you. April
NM M.
on 10/5/04 1:38 am - Tijeras, NM
My company gives us 15 days to get the FMLA paperwork back to them so on my first meeting with Dr A, he signed the paperwork. My company would not accept a faxed form. We were down there about 10 days so I had plenty of time. We stayed at the Best Western. It was great. One consideration is not to have stairs to climb. Best of luck! Renie
Razzle D.
on 10/5/04 3:41 am - somewhere, TX
Renie, So you didn't have to turn in the papers before you went to Ensenada? Because I was told I need to turn them in prior to my leave. hhmm I just dont know if I should mail them to him or what, I emailed Rosella about the papers, hopefully she will tell me what to do with them. So The Best Western was great? Anystairs? Elevators? I read in someones profile that Dr A told the group NOT to stay at the best western, do ya know anything about this? Thanks for you time. april
DW
on 10/5/04 5:23 am - Galveston, TX
Congratulations, You will love Dr Aguirre as we all do. I stayed at the hotel Coral Marina and they give a discount to Dr A's patients. I would not recommend the El Cid. Go to katsjourney.com she has alot of information on the hotels in Ensenada. Dot
krilar
on 10/5/04 2:21 am - Florence, OR
April, I am having my surgery on Dec. 2nd with Dr. A. I will be there until Dec. 11th. I have the apartment from Dec. 1st-3rd for my mom and best friend and then I have rented a house on the beach about 15 miles south of Ensenada that we will be staying at from the 4th-11th. Since I have rented a car we will be able to go as we please. If you want we can come visit you. I did do a lot of research on all the hotels and reading a lot of profiles and the Hotel Coral & Marina looks to be by far the best in Ensenada. Hope to see you down there, Kristy
Razzle D.
on 10/5/04 3:44 am - somewhere, TX
Oh Kristy, I would love to get to meet you when we are down in Ensenada, I will let you know where we end up staying. My mom is at work right now looking up the specifics on the Coral. Hopefully we can find a nice place to stay with no stairs. Do you know if the Coral has a refrigerator? Well thanks for the info on the coral, can't wait to meet you in person. Take Care april
Debbie L
on 10/5/04 4:18 am - Western, Pa
I work in a small private nursing home (actually a convent taking care of nuns). They faxed my FMLA papers to Rosella and she faxed them back to work for me. Good luck with surgery Dr. A and his staff are the best you are in good hands.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views