Dr. Aceves RNY LAP

Stickbender
on 10/3/04 12:19 am - Monroe City, MO
Has anyone had LAP RNY by this doctor. I saw on his profile he was just starting lap RNY, is this correct?
nasta
on 10/3/04 4:03 am - Lantana, FL
Hi I had lap-band by Dr. Aceves couple of weeks ago. He is a very skilled surgeon and has performed all kinds of laparospic surgeries. I think the question on RNY is very valid, but you should also post it to him. One thing is for sure if you choose to go with him you will get exceptional care. The hospital he uses is also nice and clean and full of nurses that have this amasing gentle touch. Dr. Aceves has very good bed side manners and you would never regret having him do your surgery. I know from experience that he is very skilled. There is also a yahoo group with Dr. Aceves patients http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dr-Aceves-bandsters/ ttfn Sari
Robbin
on 10/3/04 8:01 am - OK
Sari, Hi and I'm glad your surgery went well. Do you know if there are any negatives about this Dr.? I'm trying to work out the finances and finding the best for the money as far as surgeons go. I whine on here all the time but am so anxious to have a new life. Thanks, Robbin
nasta
on 10/3/04 9:32 am - Lantana, FL
Hi Robin I truly think he is one of the best out there. I did my reseach, contacted several of his past patients and I was happy to go with him. He is 8200 for lap band and 12500 for RNY. One of the determine facts in me choosing him was that he uses a actual hospital, not a clinic. Also you recover in the hospital with 24 hr care, until you go home. Not in a hotel room. These were factors that made my decision. Also Dr. Aceves lives 6 blocks from the hospital, so he truly is accesible even after hours. I have nothing negative to say about him nor the hospital. If you go under the bariactic surgerons in mexico, you can access his patient forum for other patients. It is obious that I like him, and his assistant Nina, but I feel that after an encounter with them, everyone feels the same. A++++all the way. Ttfn Sari
Robbin
on 10/3/04 11:06 am - OK
thanks so much, I'm feeling pretty good about him, I guess the main concern I have are my 4 kids still at home. youngest in 3rd grade. but I'm beat all the time and am grouchy because I'm too tired and unmotivated physically to do what my mind wants to do. Robbin
Debra S.
on 10/3/04 9:07 pm - Chester, SC
Robbin as Sari said you could not ask for a better surgeron. I went to him just 11 days ago. He is the most loving and caring man. He always makes sure his patients get the best and he hates to see them in any pain. His care is just awesome! You would be making a wonderful choice. Join the yahoo group Sari told you of, and there you can talk to all of his patients and even Nina. But you can also call them toll free!!! Best of luck to you
Sandy N.
on 10/5/04 12:22 pm - GA
Robbin, As I understand it Dr. Aceves started with the Lap RNY a while ago but just started promoting it with the US patients. You should probably ask them the details though. I agree with the ladies here in saying that you will be in good hands and he is a very skilled surgeon. I am sure you won't be disappointed. Sandy lap band-dr aceves
q E.
on 10/13/04 12:45 am - e, e
ALL I CAN SAY IS HE IS A WONDERFUL SURGEN AND PERSON AS WELL.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views