I told some coworkers last night!!

Robin J.
on 9/26/04 5:59 am - St. Louis, mo
Hi, I finally told some coworkers last night. Some of us were sitting around the Nurses station talking, doing paperwork and watching the fetal heart monitors. They noticed that I had put in for time off in Oct for surgery. Of course the questions started. What kind of surgery? Which Doctor, etc. I origanally said I was having my Gallbladder removed (it has been giving my trouble lately anyhow!). That lead to questions about my surgeon and which hospital I was going to be in. I was scared to death about their possible reponses (with them being Nurses and also a few Resident Docs were there) I said, I was having my gallbladder removed along with a few "other things" that got everyone dying to know what "other things" was. I finally told everyone the truth. I was so pleased to hear nothing but good positive things from my coworkers. They were all genuinely interested in Dr M and the facts of the surgery. A few mentioned they have known or met someone who had weight lose surgery. I answered a ton of questions, but got a lot of good feedback. So now I am even more excited about my trip!!!! It will be interesting to see what happens when the rest of my department hears about it (it will go around the gossip mill now!) You can't put a bunch of nurses and residents together and NOT gossip a bit. The people I work with are all mostly women, some of the Residents are male, but most of them are also female. Many of the people I work with are dealing with health or weight issues. I am soooo excited and happy I told them. They will all mostly be supportive when I get back. Which will be a big help! Well....I have 26 days left until I fly out of St. Louis! I am going NUTS waiting, but at least I am finding lots of support here and at work and home. YIPEEEE!!!!! Robin DS sugery on 10/26/04 in Brazil
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views