Surgery for those without insurance

Marianne G.
on 9/18/04 8:31 am - New York, NY
If you are self-paying for your surgery, I found a wonderful doctor in Bogota, Columbia at www.affordablebariatrics.com. They offer a full package deal and everything was WONDERFUL. See my posting on the message board. I am two weeks post-op with no problems and losing weight each day-up to 19.5 pounds. I had a wonderful surgical/hospital and personal experience. I highly recommend Dr. Alvaro Valencia. If you have any questions, please email me. Check out their website as mentioned above. Good luck!!!!! Marianne
S. W.
on 9/27/04 9:27 am - MN
Hello Marianne; I am also looking into going to Columbia. They say its only a 12 day trip to and from. I am wondering if going alone is feasable. I live alone and really have no one to go with me for this surgery. I also was wondering if you financed your surgery or paid cash. I am looking at financing this and so far have been denied any suggestions? Sincerely, S.
Marianne G.
on 10/2/04 9:32 pm - New York, NY
Dear S., I paid cash for my surgery as it offered a nice discount. Have you tried patient financial solutions? I know that Dr. Silva has some other financing information but I am not sure what that is. Have you tried a bank loan or credit card? It is a big outlay of money but it is so worth it. It is an invesment in your future. I hope it works out for you. Keep me posted. Marianne
Tomeka J.
on 10/12/04 11:32 pm - Detroit, MI
I want to try the financing option.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?