Introducing Myself

Vicki P.
on 9/17/04 5:59 pm - AZ
Hi - my name is Vicki, I live in AZ and have been reading profiles on this site for a few years. As with most everyone I've been overweight most of my life. Each year I get heavier and heavier. I'm 53, married, with 2 older stepdaughters, two sons - 24 & 20 and 3 grandchildren. I publish a newspaper in our community and have worked hard at it for the last eight years, which means spending a lot of time in front of the computer. I average sixty hours a week. I publish twice a month, the issue I did this week - I wound up staying up for over 40 hours straight. This lack of activity has contributed to my not being able to walk any distance at all. This then is affecting all of my life, I find myself not wanting to go anywhere, my husband does all the grocery shopping, and I'm having others cover local events for me that normally I would attend as the newspaper editor. I've always been very involved in the community. Each time I go somewhere, it's such an effort, I have to keep sitting down, it tires me out for days. I now weigh around 310. I have an appt for surgery with Dr. Aguirre on Oct 28. I just want to say how impressed I am with everyone's profiles and the detailed information you've made available to everyone. You're wonderful people. As with most everyone who has chosen to go to Mexico, my insurance has a weight exclusion, so I am a self pay. A friend will drive with me to Ensanada (sp??) and stay with me there. I haven't made a reservation for a room yet - how soon should I do that? I was told the apartment isn't available at that time. I'm not sure how to start the profile page - I guess a lot of what I posted here is what should actually be on my page??? Can anyone help me with that? Regards, Vicki
pinkpetunias
on 9/18/04 3:14 am - Duvall, WA
Hi Vicki, You made the best decision. Dr. Aguirre is wonderful. You will not regret your decision, ever! The best hotel in Ensenada is the Hotel Coral. It is about $135.00 a night but the rest of the hotels are pretty run down. I do have to say I am quite high maintanence when it comes to hotels so you may like some of the others. Many people have stayed at the Villa Fontana. As far as your profile goes you need to sign in and then go to the "my profile" section. You will be guided through the rest. Good luck and if you need anything anyone, everyone in Dr. Aguirre's forum will be happy to answer.
Vicki P.
on 9/18/04 7:36 am - AZ
Thank you Carnela - I read your profile along with the others and that is why I selected Dr. Aguirre. How soon do you think I need to make room reservations? ~Vicki
pinkpetunias
on 9/18/04 9:28 am - Duvall, WA
To be on the safe side I would make them asap. Also, I would ask Rosella to keep you on a waiting list just in case one of the apartments becomes available. Again, no question is out of bounds, Please, ask away!!!!
Robin J.
on 9/18/04 6:03 am - St. Louis, mo
Congratulations on your surgery date! I hear that Dr Aguirre is very good, I actually originally intended to go to him, but than I decided for my own reasons to have DS surgery instead. I am having my DS in Brazil with DR Marchesini. I too have the insurance not paying problem, so I was forced to seek help outside the country. I hope your experience is wonderful. Good Luck. Robin G DSing in Brazil 10/26/04
Vicki P.
on 9/18/04 7:38 am - AZ
It looks as though we will be having surgery within two days of each other - I will keep you in my prayers. ~Vicki
Marianne G.
on 9/18/04 8:26 am - New York, NY
Dear Vicki, I applaud your decision to go through with your surgery. It will give you a new life. And, you deserve it. I returned last week from Bogota, Columbia having completed my surgery with Dr. Alvaro Valencia at affordablebariatrics.com. They were wonderful and offer a full package deal with hotel, surgery, nurses etc. I am very happy so far and I know you will be too. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful and speedy recovery. Go for it!!!! Marianne
DW
on 9/19/04 6:41 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Vicki, Congratulations on having your surgery and choosing Dr. Aguirre. I had my surgery Feb 27 -80lbs and I know that you will be very happy with your choice. I stayed at the Coral Marina (very nice) but if you go to Kat's website, she lists information about almsot all of the Hotels and phone numbers. To keep our costs down, we stayed at El Cid for the night prior to my surgery and my hubby stayed there while I was in the hospital (my hubby just needed a place to shower and sleep) and then when I was released we went to the Coral Marina. Dot
Vicki P.
on 9/19/04 7:20 am - AZ
Thanks Dot - I'll do just that. I read your profile - great page! Congratulations on your 80 lb loss. ~Vicki
dakins
on 9/20/04 11:52 am - Statesboro, GA
Hello Vicki, you can get a discount at the hotel coral. I think it is on my profile. My room was 117.00 and 127.00 on Fri & Sat stay. I got the jr. suite so I could walk in my room. The beds are still hard but they will give you extra pillows and give you bottled water. I would book now because they get full. I have lost 57lbs. so far. I just wished I had done this earlier. Take care. Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views