After care and fills

Kellie N.
on 9/16/04 6:24 am - Brockton, MA
Have any of you guys found any doctors in your area to do fills. I can't find any, and I don't want cancel my surgery. What do I do? kellie
Sandy N.
on 9/16/04 9:15 am - GA
Kellie, My surgeon ( Dr. Aceves) helps his patients contact a doctor in their area for fills. This is an important part of the Lap Band and it is recommended you have this in place before surgery so you are not stressed out after. I found this service they provide for their patients very valuable. Sandy lap band-dr aceves
Kellie N.
on 9/16/04 9:59 am - Brockton, MA
Hi Sandy, Thank you for your response. I was looking into Dr. Joya in Mexico. I emailed them explaining I needed a list of Drs. in my area. Well , they sent me a list. But not 1 dr would do follow up care or fills. So I feel as though I may not be able to have the surgery, if I can't find a dr. I'm so stressed about this! Going back to Mexico for fills really is not an option for me. If I can't find anyone there's no point in me having surgery. I don't think I could live with that. I actually have checked out Dr.Aceves and emailed them. But they never got back to me. Kellie
Debra S.
on 9/19/04 4:06 am - Chester, SC
Hi Kellie, Write back to Dr. Aceves, I think Nina ( his assistant) was very busy last week with surgerys. She goes to the Airport picks people up, also is with the patients alot in the hospital. So, she might be a little backed up. Honestly, they are great people!!! I am suppose to leave this Wed. and go to Dr. Aceves, but I might have to change last min. I will know by Monday. But they are great folks at this office. I have a good number of friends that have already gone, and there experince was excellent!!! Check out Karyn Taylor profile. She gives alot of information about Dr. Aceves, and I know they will help you find a doctor. Also, I didnt think I could go back to Mexico for fills either... but once I started to check on what local doctors wanted for fills, I learned it was cheaper to go back to Mexico as a round trip ticket is cheaper then fills in the STATES, plus Dr. Aceves gives free fills for first year. Only other cost is to rent a car ( NIna will pick you up at the border) and for Xray if you choose to have one. Best of luck!
Lee P.
on 11/5/04 10:40 pm - North Berwick, ME
Hi Kelli, I have been going to the Weight Management Ctr. @ Saints Memorial Hospital in Lowell, MA for my fills. I am a Mexican banded patient of Dr. Kuri in Tijuana. You can call 978-458-1411 x 3221 to talk to someone about the requirements needed to become one of their fill patients. They understand the need for Mexican banded patients to have access in the US for fills. Give them a call if you want. Lee
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views