How soon after surgery did you feel you could handle a vacation to....

krilar
on 9/12/04 3:21 am - Florence, OR
a theme park? I want to take my son to Disneyworld for his birthday and need to start planning for it. I am scheduled to have surgery on Dec. 2nd with Dr. Aguirre and would like to plan our vacation for the end of February beginning of March time. Do you think I will feel up to it? I am trying to relate this surgery to the c-section I had in 2000 and I was feeliing fine, pretty much recovered by 4 weeks. I would like to hear how long your recovery time has been for your open RNY surgery. Thanks, Kristy
sue_f
on 9/12/04 5:36 am - Portland, OR
Hey Kristy, I don't know the answer to your question, but I am having surgery with Dr. Aguirre on Dec. 3rd. I am from Portland. I guess we will travel this weight loss journey together! Are you getting nervous at all yet? Have you got your plane tickets yet? Email me if you want to compare notes. Sue
Cheri Moran
on 9/12/04 12:43 pm - Big Spring, TX
Hi Kristy! I don't think there is any way to know for sure if you will be ready for a vacation like Disneyworld or not. I was very blessed and had no complications whatsoever. I could have made the trip and done fine by then. My husband I went to Las Vegas less than a month and a half after my surgery and I was able to keep up with the other couple we went with without any problem. We did a lot of walking and it didn't bother me. I haven't had problems with any foods so eating wasn't a problem either. There are others that don't do that well and would not feel like a busy trip like Disneyworld that soon. I wish you the very best in your weight loss journey. You will love Dr. Aguirre, Rosella, Dr. Estralla, and Dr. Gomez! They are all just the greatest bunch of people and they sure will take good care of you. If you have any questions while you are preparing please be sure to e-mail me. Cheri
Dinka Doo
on 9/12/04 11:48 pm - Medford, OR
Hi Kristy! How's the misty coast? You're looking at about 3 months out from your surgery. About that time for me, I was starting to feel pretty darned good. I would have been able to hack the physical part of it sooner, but the problem was that the energy level will still lag at points along the way. Nothing sucks worse than being in a place where you can't sit down or you can't get a ride and you are weak and shakey. I felt weak up until around my 3rd month and then it waned off. I continued to have an odd day here and there like that for another month or more after that. I'd say it depends on what you plan on doing while there. I think all the rides I would have been up for. Not sure I would have been able to handle all the walking just because of the energy issues. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views