Huh? More questions.....

klnbaker
on 9/7/04 11:51 am - Gresham, OR
What is the dumping syndrom that I keep hearing about? Doesn't sound pleasant, whatever it is. ;o)
xJoellex
on 9/8/04 6:09 am - Belcourt, ND
Dumping Syndrome: This happens when food passes too quickly from the stomach into the small intestine causing an increase in the amount of water in the small intestine. Dumping is usually caused by eating foods that have too much sugar or eating too quickly or eating too much food at one sitting. Symptoms may include: rapid heart rate, sweating, nausea, uncomfortable fullness, cramping, and diarrhea. If you feel really sleepy after a meal you may be showing signs of dumping. Dumping syndrome can also be so bad that you are miserable - vomiting, cramping, in a cold sweat and maybe having diarrhea. Many people will overcome the syndrome through body adjustments after twelve months. However many patients will never be able to eat sugar rich foods without experiencing dumping syndrome. I agree with you Kathleen. This does not sound very pleasant at all. But we gotta watch what we eat and how fast we eat it. Sometimes I swear I already get the dumping syndrome sometimes. Haha. And I'm still pre-op. Hope this helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 430 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 622 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1208 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1834 views